This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#121FrankulaPosted 1/18/2013 6:40:35 PM
I think there should be "safari" area with a couple major differences:
-all 700 Pokemon can be found somewhere there (with the exceptions of like event Pokemon)
-there are multiple terrains (with multiple levels/rooms) that very in rarity of pokemon found there. Pokemon would appear in the appropriate terrain (a rock pokemon is found at the mountain/cave area
-you use your actual Pokemon to battle and catch the pokemon (so no safari ball bs)
-no step limits, or anything. Random cabins would let you rest and maybe one major pokecenter for each zone
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#122SSx4LeonjrPosted 1/18/2013 6:41:18 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
If feel like this generation should have a fresh start.

We've been able to carry Pokémon 10 years ago onto Black and White and I think we need a refresh much like how Gen III did it. Allowing transfer between the version only restricts the new games from doing anything further with new mechanics.
I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.

I'm probably in the minority in this one, but with drastic graphical changes, I think we're due for some new battle mechanics.
-

You sir are quite insane!
Transferring Poke'mon from past games is what's made the games so successful all these years!, Back when R/S/E released there was quite an uproar that we couldn't do so with them; now imagine how big that would be now...It'd be a full scale RIOT!, with Game Freak & Nintendo at the receiving end... not a pretty picture.
---
X-box GT: SSx4 Leonjr PSN name:D_and_K_Dobbs
Waiting for Final Fantasy:XIV A Realm Reborn (PS3)
#123pbandjamesPosted 1/18/2013 6:44:58 PM
Frankula posted...
I think there should be "safari" area with a couple major differences:
-all 700 Pokemon can be found somewhere there (with the exceptions of like event Pokemon)
-there are multiple terrains (with multiple levels/rooms) that very in rarity of pokemon found there. Pokemon would appear in the appropriate terrain (a rock pokemon is found at the mountain/cave area
-you use your actual Pokemon to battle and catch the pokemon (so no safari ball bs)
-no step limits, or anything. Random cabins would let you rest and maybe one major pokecenter for each zone

So basically, just scale down what they already do with the region as a whole, with some more Pokemon, and make it a Pokemon safari. Brilliant.
---
Game news is the best news.
#124beebarbPosted 1/18/2013 7:22:18 PM
There are a few arguments on the side of removing transferring that don't make sense:

1. "They could just put nearly all the Pokemon in the game"
- This would effectively eradicate the motivation for a lot of people to trade.

2. "I want a fresh start"
- Nothing is stopping you. Like was said before, transferring is optional.

3. "There are going to be too many Pokemon to bother finishing the Pokedex"
- Nonsense it takes some time, yes. But just because it takes a hundred or so hours to 100% something, doesn't make it not worth the effort.

4. "The game mechanics could change" (IV/EV argument)
- This one especially makes no sense. Pokemon like anything in the games, are just data that can be manipulated.
That is why there are hackers. If a major change is implemented in the mechanics, the data can be adjusted to account for the change.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#125KaitoKazePosted 1/18/2013 7:32:09 PM
I would be SO mad

I've spent MONTHS gathering each and every Pokemon (yes, each and every evolutionary stage, not just one of each final stage), I do NOT want to do all that work again!
---
PSN Username: Same as GFAQs name
Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, Soul Nomad & the World Eaters
#126prince_leoPosted 1/18/2013 7:39:04 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
I hope they don't screw us over like that, but without a cheat device (for now), then they can charge buyers for anything they want. Items, unlocks, berries, anything they want.

I would like to add that if the DLC adds the data rather than unlocks it, then a cheat device wouldn't help at all with content you don't own.
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#127spadeguyPosted 1/18/2013 10:01:24 PM
What if they allowed transferring, only to completely reset your Pokemon XD

Anywho...

I'm for the notion of removing the transfer option, but just barely. It seems that the some of the "hackers" don't want it, yet they claim that there are ways to hack it. There must be some doubt. Also, if they were to reboot the the major game mechanics, it would be even better. There's bound to be a change eventually, so better now that Gen 8 or whatever. They could just put roughly 350 Pokemon on each game version, along with some legendaries, and a few saved for events. It would also level the playing field for newer gamers to the series. Also you won't battle "that little punk with the OP Bidoof" or whatever.

However, not being able to transfer Pokemon to this game would potentially destroy a lot of dedicated players teams, and even sway some of them (although, if they'd leave over that, I'd question how much of a fan they really are). It would wreck the feelings of those who lovingly crafted their ideal team. I know how it feels to not have that Pokemon that you've passed through the ages, with it's own unique story. The Pokemon that transcended the level of pixels on a screen, and became a friend. If they don't allow trading past that phase, then I guess the some will just have to deal with that loss.

Regardless they'll make more than enough money to fund their next project. I personally like the idea of letting people transfer Pokemon and auto leveling the Pokemon above Lv 50 to the aforementioned level.
---
3DS FC: 1633-4227-0046 GT: AaronTheFair
One Piece is awesome!!
#128roo10158Posted 1/18/2013 10:12:26 PM(edited)
why be for the removal of it? It is insane to be for the removal of a feature that saves hours/days/weeks and even months of work.

If you want to restart and recollect the pokemon, fine go for it, but don't take it away from those who want it.
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#129TenzhiPosted 1/18/2013 10:22:57 PM
roo10158 posted...
why be for the removal of it?

Perhaps because then everyone starts fresh on equal footing.

Mind you, I personally don't care whether the feature is in or not... although I have to admit I would get some small amusement from the impotent rage of some of my friends who have created Pokemon armies and spent inordinate amounts of time breeding.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#130LightningHawk90Posted 1/18/2013 10:23:30 PM
No transfers means unable to get hacked pokemon, I'm for this.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595