This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#131LightningHawk90Posted 1/18/2013 10:23:30 PM
No transfers means unable to get hacked pokemon, I'm for this.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#132jayman7Posted 1/18/2013 10:33:19 PM
RageKaiser posted...
No transfers means unable to get hacked pokemon, I'm for this.

Until the new games are hacked. And you're kidding yourself if you think it's anything other than inevitable.

Punishing legit players because of what the hackers do, when you won't even be severely impairing the hackers, is stupidity. (It's also the driving force behind a lot of DRM, but it's still stupid.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#133Offworlder1Posted 1/18/2013 11:02:42 PM
The argument that not having transfers will stop hackers is laughable, it will not work at all as they will find a way to hack one way or another. If anything not having transfers will piss off fans that they support the hackers or create more people willing to hack so they can get the pokemon they want since they can't get them the normal way through transfers.

Getting the fans angry will not help in anyway as angry fans will not support the company let alone tell others to buy the new games, instead people will say to not get the new games cause they pulled a gen 3.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#134RX0megaPosted 1/18/2013 11:20:52 PM
Tenzhi posted...
roo10158 posted...
why be for the removal of it?

Perhaps because then everyone starts fresh on equal footing.

Mind you, I personally don't care whether the feature is in or not... although I have to admit I would get some small amusement from the impotent rage of some of my friends who have created Pokemon armies and spent inordinate amounts of time breeding.

You must be a little naive to truly think it would create equal footing. You know what would happen? People would simply find another way to hack (hell you could hack Pokemon in gen V with just an internet connection, I did it, just change the DNS and tell a site to send you a Pokemon with specific stats, job done. *Hugs Contrary Serperior*)

Here's what would happen if you stopped the transfer. Hackers would find a way around it through an exploit in a few weeks. Legit players would just say "f*** you GameFreak" and start hacking (myself among them), and the so-called equal footing would be exactly the same as before.

All removing the option post-game does is incite hacking and cheating, and penalise those that bothered to play legitimately in the first place (which in turn will make less people bother playing legitly when they start after seeing how those that did before got shafted).

People who want a "fresh start" are frankly sanctimonious and spiteful to those who put it effort, because they don't want to put in the effort and want everyone brought down to their level. You yourself prove this by saying you would smirk at your friends who played and bothered to play legitimately, which really says a lot about how much of a "friend" you are if you wish to see hours of their life thrown down the drain just for your petty amusment and under the pretence it would create equal footing.

Hell that attitude makes me tempted to just start hacking right now and ditch my previous stance of playing legitimately. You want to be on the level of those that play legitly and have great Pokemon? Put in effort yourself.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#135ThatGuyZPosted 1/18/2013 11:26:12 PM
RX0mega posted...
Tenzhi posted...
roo10158 posted...

Mind you, I personally don't care whether the feature is in or not... although I have to admit I would get some small amusement from the impotent rage of some of my friends who have created Pokemon armies and spent inordinate amounts of time breeding.

You must be a little naive to truly think it would create equal footing. You know what would happen? People would simply find another way to hack (hell you could hack Pokemon in gen V with just an internet connection, I did it, just change the DNS and tell a site to send you a Pokemon with specific stats, job done. *Hugs Contrary Serperior*)

Here's what would happen if you stopped the transfer. Hackers would find a way around it through an exploit in a few weeks. Legit players would just say "f*** you GameFreak" and start hacking (myself among them), and the so-called equal footing would be exactly the same as before.

All removing the option post-game does is incite hacking and cheating, and penalise those that bothered to play legitimately in the first place (which in turn will make less people bother playing legitly when they start after seeing how those that did before got shafted).

People who want a "fresh start" are frankly sanctimonious and spiteful to those who put it effort, because they don't want to put in the effort and want everyone brought down to their level. You yourself prove this by saying you would smirk at your friends who played and bothered to play legitimately, which really says a lot about how much of a "friend" you are if you wish to see hours of their life thrown down the drain just for your petty amusment and under the pretence it would create equal footing.

Hell that attitude makes me tempted to just start hacking right now and ditch my previous stance of playing legitimately. You want to be on the level of those that play legitly and have great Pokemon? Put in effort yourself.

And THAT, is how you give someone the shaft they deserve.

Seriously, the mere fact that people are THIS naive by this point in the Pokemon community really have no idea how idiotic some ideas can be. Next thing you know, there will be morons who believe that there needs to be a Mon with Wonder Guard that has to be another Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard that you have to find ways around defeating it because, "it's challenging".
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#136FafnirIIPosted 1/18/2013 11:32:00 PM
<_<
#137TenzhiPosted 1/18/2013 11:40:08 PM
RX0mega posted...
You must be a little naive to truly think it would create equal footing.

It would create equal footing. Even if everybody starting hacking and magicking up new Pokegods, if there was no transfer system whatsoever they wouldn't be able to call on the bajillion Pokemon they already have horded. Prior temporal investment would no longer be a starting advantage.

You yourself prove this by saying you would smirk at your friends who played and bothered to play legitimately, which really says a lot about how much of a "friend" you are if you wish to see hours of their life thrown down the drain just for your petty amusment and under the pretence it would create equal footing.

They already wasted those hours and I already laugh at them for it. And they laugh at me for some of the ways I choose to invest my time. And a good time is had by all. The sanctimonious take offense at being laughed at, even when they probably merit a bit of ribbing.

You want to be on the level of those that play legitly and have great Pokemon? Put in effort yourself.

No thanks, on both accounts. I'm an ultra-casual player and I don't PvP. I prefer to choose my Pokemon for aesthetics and create my little cheesy theme teams without delving into all the tedious particulars.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#138UltraOshawottPosted 1/18/2013 11:40:41 PM
Nah, I wanna bring my beloved Pikachu, Shelly, from III to VI.
---
Games on my Preorder List: N/A
#139XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 1/18/2013 11:41:42 PM
This "equal footing" junk is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#140XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 1/18/2013 11:44:09 PM
RX0mega posted...
Tenzhi posted...
roo10158 posted...

Flawless Victory
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330