This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#141DragonFacedPosted 1/19/2013 12:11:54 AM(edited)
The only reason I IV, EV, ability and nature train/breed my pokemon is because it pays off across multiple games.

Otherwise it would be too much of a pain in the ass. I will be SUPER pissed if I can't transfer my gen V pokes to X.

---
~Also known as Sir Danny of the douchebag famine kingdom~
B2-FC: 0562-4613-0146
#142SinExDeathPosted 1/19/2013 12:44:54 AM(edited)
Why can't we have our cake and eat it too? The 3DS is a powerful system compared to the DS, programing changes via transfers shouldn't be that hard in theory.

I second the motion on the "equal footing" being BS. There is some progress being made on hacking the 3DS. The announcement of X/Y most likely gave hackers the will to hack the 3DS with the force of a locomotive. All getting rid of transferring will do is give said hackers the will to hack with the force of The Incredible Hulk.

Another reason why "equal footing" is BS. If someone has the skill/patience to create a team of "super" mons and you are not, all disallowing transfers will do is make said people create another team of "super" mons and do it faster. If you still don't have the skill/patience to create a team of "super" mons when the next guy is, you're S.O.L.

As far as transferring giving an unfair advantage, transferring has never been available until after you beat the game, and if you trade for your "super" mons, they won't listen to you until you get an "X" amount of badges.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#143domranguayPosted 1/19/2013 12:58:28 AM
I want the transfer to be a lot quicker this time round.

I also want them to either...

Remove any moves that the Pokemon can no longer learn when they are transferred

OR

Give you a way to teach the moves from removed TMs/HMs, old move tutors, the GC games, events and any other special moves I may have missed.

The first option would allow them to rework learnsets for better balance. The second would allow every Pokemon to access every move they have ever been able to get with any of their abilities, which could open up some possibilities for older Pokemon.

As for IVs, they could add a way to move IVs around (for a cost) one at a time. Maybe have someone who gives Pokemon "special training" that boosts one while lowering the other and tells you if one can't go higher or lower than it is. That way all you really need is higher total IVs to get a Pokemon that you can use competitively.
#144FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 1:22:41 AM
TC here.
I didn't think or want this topic to get much attention and knew that I was in the minority to begin with.

Let me clarify, it's not about a "fresh start" for me. I meant that as a whole. A fresh start for the main games. Like I said, I would personally transfer myself if allowed.

I'm not going to give any real examples because that will only lead to people whatever idea I present. But say they completely redid EVs and IVs along with base starts and learnable moves. Added a new training mechanic even. Most of you seem to not be able to grasp the concept of a revised system.
Yes, there's a base data for all Pokémon, but that's a different story if you're trying to transfer YOUR specific Pokémon. That would truly not work out at all on transferring in a clean manner.
For that to be transferrable, each of your Pokémon would be downgraded to level 1, stats completely changed following the new format and moves deleted. Personal information is all that is kept. Any other new additions that come along, your Pokémon will receive at random. That whole process is just odd.

Another person said that a refresh is inevitable and I agree. Changes to the game will have to be made at some point in time. I highly doubt RSE Pokémon will be usable for another decade. Better sooner than later, especially with the drastic graphical change.
Also, no one is taking your Pokémon away from you. many of you are acting like your game will also disappear. This is coming from someone whose Silver version's battery died some time ago killing off a legit Celebi.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#145Winter_CherryPosted 1/19/2013 1:58:39 AM
patkelly929 posted...
I worked hard for my level 100 Groudon who has been with me since Emerald. I'd like to be able to use him in the post game of Gen VI.

This, except I'd like to keep my Blastoise from FireRed, thank you very much. Hacks drive me crazy, as does the huge Pokedex, but I would also like to be able to continue to say I still have my very first Pokemon with me.
---
Professor Layton: The only series I've seen yet where excessive amounts of chest hair seem to grant the gift of invincibility.
#146ClassyOldHatPosted 1/19/2013 3:00:25 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
TC here.
I'm not going to give any real examples because that will only lead to people whatever idea I present. But say they completely redid EVs and IVs along with base starts and learnable moves. Added a new training mechanic even. Most of you seem to not be able to grasp the concept of a revised system.

You don't seem to grasp that this is not nearly as difficult a process as you make it out to be.

Unless a hypothetical new generation is so radically different from EVERYTHING, that even things like leveling up are gone or unrecognizably altered, this would be the kind of data transfers your average software engineering college freshman would be asked to do for a midterm.

Yes, there's a base data for all Pokémon, but that's a different story if you're trying to transfer YOUR specific Pokémon. That would truly not work out at all on transferring in a clean manner.
For that to be transferrable, each of your Pokémon would be downgraded to level 1, stats completely changed following the new format and moves deleted. Personal information is all that is kept. Any other new additions that come along, your Pokémon will receive at random. That whole process is just odd.
-

So your argument is that even though this process might be doable after a major change, pokemon transferred in might be useless due to the need to reset or randomize changed or added mechanics, so Game Freak would be just as well off not allowing a transfer? Am I reading this right? If not, ignore the next paragraph and correct me.

If I am reading it right though... Yes, some Pokemon transferred would no longer be as good. But it's not like that's the first time this has happened. My Gen 3 special attacking Sceptile with Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Crunch, and Thunder Punch, was worthless after transfer to DP. But you know what? Because transfer was allowed, I didn't have to wait until HG/SS to even have the option to breed a Treecko and start afresh, training one that would be good in this new generation.