This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#31ashcrvPosted 1/18/2013 10:22:02 AM
Why would you want that? Dude! How am I supposed to complete my pokedex if I can't even get any other pokemon other than what's in game? That would be so dumb.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#32360pagesPosted 1/18/2013 10:23:24 AM
If they did that, I'll probably actually consider stop playing pokemon until an action replay is out for the 3DS and I can catch whoever I want.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#33SilentdazePosted 1/18/2013 10:23:57 AM
ashcrv posted...
Why would you want that? Dude! How am I supposed to complete my pokedex if I can't even get any other pokemon other than what's in game? That would be so dumb.

Well I would assume if they did this, they would somehow make all pokemon accessible through new events, a new type of dream world element, etc etc.

I think not having Pokemon transferable would probably make it easier for new fans to complete the pokedex, instead of just the ones who have been playing for 10 years
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727, NintendoID: the1graz (friend me through Miiverse)
#34DracovianPosted 1/18/2013 10:30:47 AM
Silentdaze posted...
I'd like to flip the question a bit - lets say that Gamefreaks announces previous gens won't be transferable - who here would be so angered that they wouldn't buy x/y?

I guarantee every person in this board will buy X/Y no matter what. They will complain and QQ all day until release day comes. They'll be first in line at GameStop. That's just how it is because your only other option is missing out in the biggest leap since Gen II.

As for the topic. I wouldn't care either way but a fresh start wouldn't be the end of the world. However, if I had to bet, I would bet Gen V can transfer to Gen VI. I mean B2/W2 came out a few months ago and events are still ongoing. They wouldn't screw those players like that.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#35FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:37:04 AM
ashcrv posted...

The same way we completed our current Pokedex without RBY and GSC.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#36360pagesPosted 1/18/2013 11:01:32 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
ashcrv posted...

The same way we completed our current Pokedex without RBY and GSC.
-

Sorry but buying four new games to complete the dex in RSE was not good, and yes you needed at least five games to do it. Either all the pokemon and gen 3, and these games were very specific.

XD. Collosuim, Leaf green and emerald.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#37CakeOfLiesPosted 1/18/2013 11:06:43 AM
Silentdaze posted...
I'd like to flip the question a bit - lets say that Gamefreaks announces previous gens won't be transferable - who here would be so angered that they wouldn't buy x/y?

It would be tough. Considering I'd still be able to use Mewtwo, Genesect, Rayquaza, and all of my other level 100 Legendaries in Gen V still.

But it would be REALLY stupid if I couldn't transfer! I'd consider not buying X/Y.
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#38KingTumbleweedPosted 1/18/2013 11:17:32 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

Don't change the subject. I didn't even mention abilities or EVs.
People had their favourites on Gen 1/2 then Gen 3 didn't allow them to carry over. My favourite gen remains at gen 3 but the change was annoying. It's a stupid argument saying "So many RNGers/Hackers."

I'm not seeing any benefit to this happening, there are only downsides.

How am I changing the subject?

I directly stated that not doing a fresh start will only restrict new mechanics. My main point was never "RNG/Hackers", it was so we can improve the gameplay.

Again, I'm asking you. Would you rather have no abilities and crap powering structure? Because that was certainly a benefit. I don't see how any new additions is a downside.
-

Again, where is there any mention of abilities at all? I'm not saying Gen 3 offered nothing. I'm not saying new additions will be a downside. I'm saying not being able to transfer is a bad idea. We can most definitely have new changes without removing the transfer system. I'm open to any ideas but this is a silly one. Why shouldn't I be able to transfer? We've gone past the days of Gen 3 and I'm sure they can make it work somehow.

Also;
FlipManV3 posted...

I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.
-

Since this was presented, you obviously think it's a problem.
---
I'm your imaginary friend, make me chips.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#39senttooblivianPosted 1/18/2013 11:23:04 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
If feel like this generation should have a fresh start.

We've been able to carry Pokémon 10 years ago onto Black and White and I think we need a refresh much like how Gen III did it. Allowing transfer between the version only restricts the new games from doing anything further with new mechanics.
I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.

I'm probably in the minority in this one, but with drastic graphical changes, I think we're due for some new battle mechanics.
-

Finlly someone that agrees with me!! I completely 100% agree. I thought I was the only one. This and they need to tak out dreamworld.
---
Pidge's Pkmn Black FC: 2837-9411-4670 [] Wii U NNID: Dee_Battery
Pearl FC- 481140618177 PSN-pidgeons
#40ryudin89Posted 1/18/2013 11:25:18 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.-

This is the real reason you don't want transfer isn't it?

No. I disagree with you TC. There are several pokemon I always want to have with me, especially after my nuzlocke run.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr