This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#41alatreon789Posted 1/18/2013 10:35:52 AM
The real question to be asked is " Do you want another mini game when transferring(stupid shooting thing) or just a simple and sweet transfer WHEN you put you pokemon on there permanently?"
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#42BountyanPosted 1/18/2013 10:52:04 AM(edited)
Hell no. I don't really understand the "I want a fresh start" argument. Nobody is forcing you to transfer your old Pokemon over. And even if we do get a "fresh start," after a few games we'll be able to catch all the Pokemon again and the novelty will wear off. I don't see the point.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#43wufei8706Posted 1/18/2013 10:45:19 AM
This is a terrible idea. If you want a fresh start, just don't transfer anything. You're acting like it forces you to use the transfer.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#44prince_leoPosted 1/18/2013 10:46:51 AM
I would love it if they did a fresh start.
People say that there are no benefits, but to me it makes so much sense.

They could reorder pokemon base stats, change what moves they can learn, even do some retyping if they wanted.
In Gen IV we ran into Stealth Rock and even Gen V limited what pokemon could learn it. However, you could still transfer a Gen IV pokemon to Gen V and use Stealth Rock without problem.
Think about all the rebalancing Gamefreak could accomplish if they were allowed to re do~700 pokemon
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#45MM125Posted 1/18/2013 10:51:03 AM
Milennin posted...
I wouldn't mind it.

It would kind of suck of course, because I like bringing over my old Pokémon. But it would also be interesting to have a completely fresh start in the franchise.

This.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#46ChronoAcePosted 1/18/2013 10:59:16 AM
They should be transferable unless they change Pokemons base stats making them incompatible.
#47FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:04:58 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
Again, where is there any mention of abilities at all? I'm not saying Gen 3 offered nothing. I'm not saying new additions will be a downside. I'm saying not being able to transfer is a bad idea. We can most definitely have new changes without removing the transfer system. I'm open to any ideas but this is a silly one. Why shouldn't I be able to transfer? We've gone past the days of Gen 3 and I'm sure they can make it work somehow.

No, it simply wouldn't work if they were to change leveling or EV/IV or add a few new things.

Also;
FlipManV3 posted...

I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.

Since this was presented, you obviously think it's a problem.

Yeah, it's a personal concern of mine, but if you actually read, I said that it wasn't the main problem that I was presenting.
I can deal with them and have been dealing with them for a decade. It was just a plus of a refresh. Again, that wasn't the point at all.

I hope that you guys realize that some technical changes is inevitable in the future that will need a refresh. GameFreak was lucky to get away with changing Physical and Special aspect without having redo much of anything.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#48FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:08:52 AM
ryudin89 posted...
FlipManV3 posted...
I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.-

This is the real reason you don't want transfer isn't it?

No. I disagree with you TC. There are several pokemon I always want to have with me, especially after my nuzlocke run.

Holy ****, you guys need to read.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#49Missingno_MastrPosted 1/18/2013 11:13:48 AM
TC, I mean this as respectfully as possible, but... ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND?!?! The current EV/IV system is perfect the way it is, there's no reason whatsoever for them to not allow transferring! And wanting a fresh start? Are you friggin' nuts?! As of this March, some of my Pokemon will officially be 10 years old! I have stuff in my Black 2 that dates back to Ruby Version, and I'm not the slightest bit inclined to replace any of it!
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#50Rai_JinPosted 1/18/2013 11:23:03 AM
I like the idea.