This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#51KingTumbleweedPosted 1/18/2013 11:28:54 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...
Again, where is there any mention of abilities at all? I'm not saying Gen 3 offered nothing. I'm not saying new additions will be a downside. I'm saying not being able to transfer is a bad idea. We can most definitely have new changes without removing the transfer system. I'm open to any ideas but this is a silly one. Why shouldn't I be able to transfer? We've gone past the days of Gen 3 and I'm sure they can make it work somehow.

No, it simply wouldn't work if they were to change leveling or EV/IV or add a few new things.

Also;
FlipManV3 posted...

I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.

Since this was presented, you obviously think it's a problem.

Yeah, it's a personal concern of mine, but if you actually read, I said that it wasn't the main problem that I was presenting.
I can deal with them and have been dealing with them for a decade. It was just a plus of a refresh. Again, that wasn't the point at all.

I hope that you guys realize that some technical changes is inevitable in the future that will need a refresh. GameFreak was lucky to get away with changing Physical and Special aspect without having redo much of anything.
-

OK, since I seem to be on the same page as you right now, what kind of technical changes do have in mind? A change in the EV system might be difficult to bring around and the IV system may be impossible to bring around. A really big change probably isn't likely. But it's like I said, we aren't in Gen 3 anymore.

I think the reason because of a large misconception in this topic is that you specified that to have a change in gameplay, we can't have PokeTransfer. While this may or may not be true, having no transfers is still quite a large blow, especially to people who spend months making perfect teams.
---
I'm your imaginary friend, make me chips.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#52pacpuf7249Posted 1/18/2013 11:30:31 AM
prince_leo posted...
I would love it if they did a fresh start.
People say that there are no benefits, but to me it makes so much sense.

They could reorder pokemon base stats, change what moves they can learn, even do some retyping if they wanted.
In Gen IV we ran into Stealth Rock and even Gen V limited what pokemon could learn it. However, you could still transfer a Gen IV pokemon to Gen V and use Stealth Rock without problem.
Think about all the rebalancing Gamefreak could accomplish if they were allowed to re do~700 pokemon

interesting....hmm...

IWANTTHIS!!!!
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#53HurrycaneXPosted 1/18/2013 11:31:05 AM
Although I'd hate to see my current collection of Pokémon, I think it'd be better for the gameplay if they didn't allow it.

Of course, with all the experience they have, Gamefreak should be able to come up with a system that would allow us to keep our Pokémon, while changing and introducing game mechanics at the same time.
#54FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:31:24 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
TC, I mean this as respectfully as possible, but... ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND?!?! The current EV/IV system is perfect the way it is, there's no reason whatsoever for them to not allow transferring! And wanting a fresh start? Are you friggin' nuts?! As of this March, some of my Pokemon will officially be 10 years old! I have stuff in my Black 2 that dates back to Ruby Version, and I'm not the slightest bit inclined to replace any of it!

While I personally like the EV/IV system. A lot of people are definitely not a fan of this system. You'd be surprised.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#55jayman7Posted 1/18/2013 11:34:25 AM
Abilities and the new EV system could have been done without a reboot had they really wanted to. The lack of reboot didn't stop the physical/special split in the fourth gen or the hidden abilities in the fifth. The reboot was entirely done due to hardware incompatibilities, and that's not an issue now.

If you don't want to transfer Pokemon from the fifth gen to the sixth, don't. Don't punish the rest of us!
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#56greppsPosted 1/18/2013 11:35:53 AM
I would be happy with not allowing Pokemon to be transferrable until after you get 8 badges or beat the elite 4. What I really liked about Pokemon Black/White 1 was that you could only use gen 5 pokemon for the main story so I was able to get to know them instead of being overwhelmed and just choosing what was familiar. This is a big reason why I never got into gens 3 & 4.

People should be allowed to bring their pokemon to this game, but I wouldn't mind at all if they weren't allowed to use them until post-game.
#57BKXDPosted 1/18/2013 11:36:27 AM
Heeeell no. I don't want my progress from Sapphire to Black2 to be all just a wasted effort. I seriously feel bad for people who actually want this to happen.
---
Wii U NNID: BillNWI
#58Dark_Link92Posted 1/18/2013 11:37:27 AM
I'm open for new mechanics or types and changes to existing systems like IVs, but I would like to be able to transfer Pokemon over and just have them recalculated. It's even worse cutting off Pokemon transfers now- it's been 3 generations over 10 years.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#59SvenshinhanPosted 1/18/2013 11:59:41 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
You realise this is the reason some people hated Gen 3? No, I disagree.

I was one of those people. I didn't get into gen 3 until a few months before gen 4 was announced, for precisely this reason. None of my dear GB pokes were transferable, and my Pokédex only lacked Celebi. I had everything else. It soured my enthusiasm for the new games. I was wrong, of course, but that's basically what happened.

Despite that I would like it - this time around - if Gen VI made a fresh start. However, I wouldn't want that just for the sake of it. What I'm hoping for is that Gen VI makes some massive changes to some of the core elements of the game (stats, moves and possibly typings). I know the chances of that happening are slim to none. But in that scenario, and only in that scenario, I'd be okay with Pokémon not being transferable. Just so long as they give us other means of getting our favorite beasties that might not be in X/Y directly.

But like I said, it's probably not gonna happen anyway. I'm fully expecting to be able to transfer over our Pokémon from at least B/W (and thus, by extension, everything before then).
---
Hakuna Matata
#60HinakuluiauPosted 1/18/2013 12:01:00 PM
BKXD posted...
Heeeell no. I don't want my progress from Sapphire to Black2 to be all just a wasted effort. I seriously feel bad for people who actually want this to happen.

Why would you feel bad?
As Prince Leo said, if they changed the mechanics, specifically the movesets, it'd be perfect. I really think that pokemon moves have become bloated and lack originality (with almost every pokemon learning a whole lot of moves they never did before).
If they made you delete your moves before transfer, I'd be cool with that, but I'd much rather have the game march forward in mechanics rather than cater to the older generations.
---
I like volcanoes.