This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#81KosacVPosted 1/18/2013 2:38:02 PM
I don't mind starting from scratch.

But what I do mind is completely unobtainable non-event pokemon. So unless there are some seriously helpful changes to the mechanics (or x/y just includes every pokemon) then no, I want transfer to exist.
---
This one knows what he's doing...
#82DarkKirby2500Posted 1/18/2013 2:38:06 PM
I don't really care if Pokemon are transferable as long as every Pokemon is available (especially Gardevoir), .

I would prefer the game to totally rebalanced to be honest.

I think it shroud be possible to do both, but I actually don't care (as long as Gardevoir is still in the game).
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#83KapuxaPosted 1/18/2013 2:38:54 PM
Am I the only one here who grows affection for his pokemon? Even tho they are just data on a cart?

I have put a LOT of effort training them, I have about 60 legit breed and trained by now. Screw "fresh" starts, I wanna get to keep using them. People will figure out a way to hack anyway, now that theres X and Y coming there is a reason to actualy hack the 3DS, and it will happen.

And yes, not being able to transfer from gold and silver to Ruby and Sapphire was a big letdown for me.
#84prince_leoPosted 1/18/2013 2:42:46 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Is there any proof those changes couldn't be made without blocking out past pokemon? Some seem to think so, but is there really a reason why the new games wouldn't reprogram certain aspects of older pokemon? Just curious, I'm no little about programming.

The biggest changes in Pokemon from generation to generation (as programming is concerned).
Gen 1 ---> Gen 2 (Special Stat became Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense, Steel and Dark added). This was okay
Gen 2 ---> Gen 3 (EVs changed up). This didn't work
Gen 3 ---> Gen 4 (Physical/Special split). This worked

What I'm saying could work. It's more similar to Gen 1 ---> Gen 2 than anything else.

ryudin89 posted...
Didn't they do this same thing with gen 3 to 4? If so then yes because at least it's something that can be dealt with, not a completely and ridiculous ban for no reason.

I had little problem transferring any of my pokemon between generations. I know Gen 3 ---> Gen 4 was a little harsh, but Gen 4 ---> Gen 5 was more laissez faire.
I guess what I want, it's not that I want to start from scratch, but that I want the game to get more balance. Yeah, Garchomp should be better than Butterfree, but what about the bird pokemon? There's almost no reason not to use two different Normal/Flying compared to the ~10 you can choose from.
Also, Gen V was more about power and losing some type coverage, but that ended up pushing most of Gen 1 and 2 pokemon out of OU (which I'm not a fan of Smogon, they can at least see which people use what).
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#85BatmanWTtPPosted 1/18/2013 2:42:59 PM
Am I the only one here who grows affection for his pokemon?

No, I love my pokemon.
---
I'll never let you win, never.
#865ky_4nth3mPosted 1/18/2013 2:43:41 PM
jayman7 posted...
Abilities and the new EV system could have been done without a reboot had they really wanted to. The lack of reboot didn't stop the physical/special split in the fourth gen or the hidden abilities in the fifth. The reboot was entirely done due to hardware incompatibilities, and that's not an issue now.

If you don't want to transfer Pokemon from the fifth gen to the sixth, don't. Don't punish the rest of us!

funny how the TC talks like a pro and in the end doesn't even know how the game processes it's own data. even worse, making ppl believe his bs is actually true.
if all you want is new mechanics then stfu, you will have changes regardless as long as the developers want to implement them.
if you also happen to want a "fresh start" then be my guest and do not trade, ever. couldn't care less.

oh and just so you know, every pokemon has a unique code (directly related to it's pokedex placement) that directs it to the game's database, which means that even if they changed let's say... charizard to fire/dragon, transferring wouldn't be a problem because charizard's code will direct it to the new game's database, which will in turn "say": charizard is fire/dragon.

the only problem would be to make those two versions coexist like battling or trading.

unless you mean REALLY drastic changes. even if that's the case i'll say no, thank you but i play pokemon because it's pokemon.
#87Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/18/2013 2:45:33 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
If feel like this generation should have a fresh start.

We've been able to carry Pokémon 10 years ago onto Black and White and I think we need a refresh much like how Gen III did it. Allowing transfer between the version only restricts the new games from doing anything further with new mechanics.
I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.

I'm probably in the minority in this one, but with drastic graphical changes, I think we're due for some new battle mechanics.
-

I have several years worth of accumulated Legendaries collected. I have some dating all the way back to Sapphire. I will snap necks if I don't get to bring them over.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#88FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 2:48:16 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
Wow this crap again ?, people still remember and hate gen 3 because of the BS it pulled not allowing transfer of any kind with gen 1 and 2, it pissed off a crap load of fans and some still hate gen 3 cause of this garbage. It was only with the gen 1 remakes that people forgave Gamefreak for such a colossal **** up though there were a lot of fans who still did not come back until the gen 2 remakes.

If you hate the huge number of pokemon thats your problem, no one is forcing anyone to transfer their pokemon just giving the option for the many who like this feature since it being absent in gen 3 angered many fans. Gamefreak making the same stupid mistake is not going to be accepted by the majority since it failed big time gen 3 for good reason.

If you really want a "fresh start" so badly don't transfer anything and just play with this gen's games. Just cause a few want a fresh start and no transfers of any kind doesn't mean they should get their way and everyone else suffers because of them.

If they allow transferring, you can bet I'll do it myself.
You're terribly confused on the point. It's not directly about transferring that's the problem. It's to add new mechanics and changes to the game. Transferring interferes with the ability to make drastic changes to the mechanics. It's not a refresh for me playing the game, it's a refresh as a whole.

Take note that a refresh will not only update next generation, but for every other game in the series that comes along in the future. They can also program new Pokémon to be open for more changes in the future.
One can take your stance and logic and say, just because people attached to digital data doesn't mean they should get their way and everyone suffers because of them.

I hope you guys realize that the mechanics we're working with is still GBA era. The upgrade potential is massive.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#89Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/18/2013 2:49:21 PM
I'd be into it, I fell out of Pokemon because of the difficulty in trying to fill out entire pokedex, I'm not a fan of the multiple versions/gens etc. - especially since the data all has to be there anyway in order for them to all work. Really leaving stuff out is just a way to make money by selling a bunch of different versions.
#90ryudin89Posted 1/18/2013 2:51:03 PM
Kapuxa posted...
Am I the only one here who grows affection for his pokemon? Even tho they are just data on a cart?

Of course you're not.

I guess what I want, it's not that I want to start from scratch, but that I want the game to get more balance. Yeah, Garchomp should be better than Butterfree, but what about the bird pokemon? There's almost no reason not to use two different Normal/Flying compared to the ~10 you can choose from.

All of this can be done without blocking past gens. I mean it's not like you're going to be battling and trading between B/W or B2/W2, you're just transferring pokemon over.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr