This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#91SkyCrackersPosted 1/18/2013 2:51:35 PM
I would be okay with it if they didn't allow Pokemon to be transferred. However, if they do, then I hope they take advantage of the opportunity to overhaul the EV and IV systems and balance things out. I wouldn't mind having a few drastic changes to the stat and battle systems.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#92KeeperOfShadowsPosted 1/18/2013 2:53:58 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
I hope you guys realize that the mechanics we're working with is still GBA era. The upgrade potential is massive.

They are? I just thought they were...pokemon's mechanics. Whats the system have to do with it?
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#93ryudin89Posted 1/18/2013 2:56:31 PM
I hope you guys realize that the mechanics we're working with is still GBA era. The upgrade potential is massive.

You make it sound like there is no possible way that pokemon transferred could be updated to the new system.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#94KapuxaPosted 1/18/2013 2:58:56 PM
I wish items could be transfered with the pokemon 2. These kind of things give older games a gigantic REPLAY value. Just yesterday I finished replaying Sapphire with an Extremespeed Linoone I got from Pokemon Box. Yup, thanks to the being able to transfer, im replaying a Game from 10 years ago, and still loving it, and its not even just for fun, I can actualy get good stuff to use on the recent games.

Transfering is awesome!

Also, gamefreak makes more money if we need the past games to get something on the new ones, and this is why I think transfering will remain.
#95prince_leoPosted 1/18/2013 2:58:59 PM
ryudin89 posted...
All of this can be done without blocking past gens. I mean it's not like you're going to be battling and trading between B/W or B2/W2, you're just transferring pokemon over.

Oh I know it can be done. Like I've said, I'm more concerned with updating everything rather than cutting everything off. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if they updated the mechanics and it ended up cutting off past gens, it wouldn't bother me. My priority is for the game to be rebalanced, not to block off past generations.
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#96patkelly929Posted 1/18/2013 3:02:12 PM(edited)
FlipManV3 posted...
patkelly929 posted...
I worked hard for my level 100 Groudon who has been with me since Emerald. I'd like to be able to use him in the post game of Gen VI.

Oh wow, a level 100 Legendary, that must've been hard. >_>

I want a fresh start, this is coming from someone who has never abused the RNG, have 6 legitimate Dittos for breeding, and have always caught and bred my team myself(including restarting my Diamond just to get Leech Seed on Ferroseed).
-

It's not so much that it's a level 100 legendary more than it is my favorite Pokemon that I've kept with me since I caught it in Emerald. I've also got level 100 Camerupt (shiny), Flygon (shiny), T-Tar, Vaporeon, Dialga, Kyogre, and some others, but they've come from recent games.

It's not the difficulty to get the 100, or the fact that it's a legendary. It's the sentimentality that comes with it. One of the reasons SS was one of my favorites was because I was able to walk around and see my big ass Groudon following me.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#97prince_leoPosted 1/18/2013 3:00:10 PM
Kapuxa posted...
Also, gamefreak makes more money if we need the past games to get something on the new ones, and this is why I think transfering will remain.

Gamefreak makes no money on pre-owned sales, which are what 95% of old games are.
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#98gullgullgullPosted 1/18/2013 3:04:33 PM
gameraz posted...
I'm with you, but only because I KNOW I will "cheat" and send perfect EV/IV pokemon and make up my own "perfect" team right there on the start, taking away whatever "challenge" this game may throw at me.

Done this in my second run of Black and first run of Black 2.

Games shouldn't be structured around people with no self control.
#99FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:10:39 PM
5ky_4nth3m posted...
funny how the TC talks like a pro and in the end doesn't even know how the game processes it's own data. even worse, making ppl believe his bs is actually true.
if all you want is new mechanics then stfu, you will have changes regardless as long as the developers want to implement them.
if you also happen to want a "fresh start" then be my guest and do not trade, ever. couldn't care less.

oh and just so you know, every pokemon has a unique code (directly related to it's pokedex placement) that directs it to the game's database, which means that even if they changed let's say... charizard to fire/dragon, transferring wouldn't be a problem because charizard's code will direct it to the new game's database, which will in turn "say": charizard is fire/dragon.

the only problem would be to make those two versions coexist like battling or trading.

unless you mean REALLY drastic changes. even if that's the case i'll say no, thank you but i play pokemon because it's pokemon.

Lol. It's funny, if anything, you're the only person acting like a "pro" here. Typing changes have nothing to do with anything we're talking about so please stop trying to make yourself look smart.
Explain to me how EV, IV, abilities, and the overall stats would've cleanly adapted from II to III.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#100KapuxaPosted 1/18/2013 3:15:26 PM
prince_leo posted...
Kapuxa posted...

Gamefreak makes no money on pre-owned sales, which are what 95% of old games are.

People will get the old games(Black 2 or white 2 since they are the most recent) if something good comes from them, if they anounce that a BW2 pokemon event will trigger something on the X and Y, people will want. won't make the game sell like it was a new one, but will get some worthy extra bucks.
If they can make more money with something they only need to program into the game, they will.