This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X & Y Official Evolution Poll. Day 11 - Farfetch'd Evolution

#31Z-911-ZPosted 1/18/2013 5:28:53 PM(edited)
10/10

Yes, and give it an Asian straw hat and have it wield it's stick katana style.
---
http://oi48.tinypic.com/ev7vir.jpg
#32Arc_TechPosted 1/18/2013 5:41:01 PM
ConnorTheOtter posted...
Arc_Tech posted...
1/10, It's meant to be weak and absolutely useless. Some japanese saying or something. I think bulbagarden has an article on it. While it has a bit of speculation, if GF had intended otherwise, they would've given it an evo by now.

All noms to skarm evo

Farfetch'd's name literally means "a duck comes bearing green onions" in Japanese. In Japan, duck is often cooked with long green onions. This is why they are rare in the wild (thus why you can only get them via trade in R/G/B/FR/LG, and swarms in later Generations), because it is implied that they have been hunted for their taste.

I don't think this should forever ban Farfetch'd from evolving, I do however think it should mean they are forever very difficult to find. I think this is where the want for it to become Fighting/Flying comes from, because only the strong one's would be able to survive the hunt and overcome their natural weaknesses.

And I think the "if there was going to be one, it would be here already" argument is weak. Game Freak could/can do whatever they want, I mean I doubt anyone expected a Magnazone or Probopass in Generation 4; and almost everyone thought new Eevees were a shoe-in back in the Generation 3 hype days.

I agree the argument is weak; I meant that argument in support of the other argument (they designed farfetch'd to be a weak mon and intend to keep him that way).
#33HardHorseJamPosted 1/18/2013 7:17:34 PM
10 out of 10. I can't think of a Gen 1 poke that needs it more.

5 noms for Mawile. More strong pure Steel types needed.
#34overworldXtrmePosted 1/18/2013 7:30:53 PM

5 for chimecho
:)
---
--- i summon thee!! ---
#35flamesaber111Posted 1/18/2013 7:32:21 PM
Would love to see it, but it would have to be freakin' great to make up for the fact that Farfetch'd sucks.
---
Manga that everyone should read: Fairy Tail
#36overworldXtrmePosted 1/19/2013 6:37:11 AM
---
--- i summon thee!! ---