This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In this gen, Poison needs to be similar to Burn in terms of status

#11PolimarioPosted 1/18/2013 11:07:31 AM
FFnut posted...
Polimario posted...
Idea.

Normal Poison halves Sp. Attk.

Bad Poison remains as-is.

Now we need a new move that just normal-poisons an enemy (like Will O Wisp), an item that normal-poisons the holder (like Flame Orb), and an ability to reduce the damage per turn (like Heatproof).

Plus, things like Toxic Boost Zangoose rise in usage because they can infect themselves with normal-poison without sacrificing extra health or physical attack. Poison and Steel type special attackers rise in usage because they are immune to the new special-dropping poison.

Finally, things like Pecha Berry and Antidote now cure this special-dropping poison too, so they will increase in value (not a huge metagame change, but still).

Poison Gas.
---
When in doubt, Outrage out!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem-B and Genesect of all eternity.
#12DarkBlueAntPosted 1/18/2013 11:10:53 AM(edited)
FFnut posted...
Polimario posted...
Idea.

Now we need a new move that just normal-poisons an enemy (like Will O Wisp), an item that normal-poisons the holder (like Flame Orb), and an ability to reduce the damage per turn (like Heatproof).

We don't need any of those things. We just need the normal Poison status to not be a joke. It can still be given only off secondary effects.

If a Weedle manages to poison an enemy it should be like "Great job Weedle! You helped the team" not "Dammit, Weedle! Now we can't give him a useful status!"
#13CakeOfLiesPosted 1/18/2013 11:11:13 AM
I'd say Poison should half Defense.
Have you ever gotten punched in the gut while feeling sick?
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#14FFnutPosted 1/18/2013 11:11:36 AM
Polimario posted...
FFnut posted...
Polimario posted...
Idea.

Plus, things like Toxic Boost Zangoose rise in usage because they can infect themselves with normal-poison without sacrificing extra health or physical attack. Poison and Steel type special attackers rise in usage because they are immune to the new special-dropping poison.

Finally, things like Pecha Berry and Antidote now cure this special-dropping poison too, so they will increase in value (not a huge metagame change, but still).

Poison Gas.

Poison Gas is actually overpowered now, because of has 40 base PP and 80% accuracy vs. Will O Wisp's 15/75%.

And like I edited in (you may have missed it), one layer of Toxic Spikes cripples any special sweeper switching in.
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#15patkelly929Posted 1/18/2013 12:55:01 PM
I think that the mechanics should go back to the way they were. Your Pokemon get hurt by poison when moving, Pokemon faints when it runs out of HP.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#16iron_defensePosted 1/18/2013 12:59:16 PM
I'd say Poison should half Defense.
Have you ever gotten punched in the gut while feeling sick?

I lol'd
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.
#17GilgameshSwords(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 2:13:39 PM
Poison should definitely do more to make it equivalant to burn
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#18GoldenSun3DSPosted 1/18/2013 2:21:11 PM
No, Poison should like real poison and be a 1 hit KO (maybe a delayed 1 hit KO by a few turns) if it's inflicted.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291