This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We should be able to buy ethers

#11qaqa1Posted 1/18/2013 2:41:49 PM
There's no reason why they are still considered too good to use after 5 generations.
---
Piplup is the best character on pokemon.
#2Harvest-TyPosted 1/18/2013 2:43:26 PM
You can buy that and leppa Berries in Join Avenue
---
Official Maril of the Pokemon X board.
#3HauntedBulletsPosted 1/18/2013 2:43:39 PM
Srsly, lyk wut?

inb4wouldbreakbattlebalance

Yea, I think it would be nice.
---
PSN: HauntedBullets
#4FFnutPosted 1/18/2013 2:44:35 PM
We shpuld be able to buy Master Balls. There's no reason why they are still considered too good to use after 5 generations.
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#5scrappybristolPosted 1/18/2013 2:46:53 PM(edited)
I never had an issue with that due to all the doctors/nurses in the routes.

Edit: in Gen V that is.
---
Ring Ring
#61qaqa1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 2:48:46 PM
FFnut posted...
We shpuld be able to buy Master Balls. There's no reason why they are still considered too good to use after 5 generations.

Restoring 10PP =/= Catching any pokemon in one shot guaranteed.

Try again.
---
Piplup is the best character on pokemon.
#7A_DoorknobPosted 1/18/2013 3:09:27 PM
Overall, it does seem kind of silly that Ethers and such have never been sold at standard Poké Marts, because it is extremely easy to go through an entire game without ever needing to use one. Because it is often so easy to simply go back and heal at a Pokémon Center or with a Doctor or Nurse if your PP starts getting low, and because you typically have six different Pokémon with at least two offensive moves apiece in your party, there really aren't many cases in which having Ethers available for ready purchase would have much of an effect at all. It might help for the Elite Four, but still really isn't that necessary, so I think it would be fine to have them available for purchase in standard shops.

About all it would do is give a little bit of convenience if you didn't want to return to the Pokémon Center as often when training your Pokémon or something, so I certainly wouldn't expect it to be game-breaking to be able to buy them. Full Restores are certainly more useful in practice, and they can be bought.
#8digiblasterPosted 1/18/2013 5:05:35 PM
I agree.

As for the Master Ball comment, it's completely different - though I do wish it was slightly easier to obtain them/obtain more than one. I never use them in the end, since I don't value any one Pokemon highly enough to use the only one I'll get. If, however, we get given three throughout the game, I'd feel okay using one or two on legendaries and saving the last for emergency situations (like a mid level shiny when I've only got level 100s on me).
#9OldDirtyCRPosted 1/18/2013 5:22:56 PM
I think it's for the Elite 4 mainly that they do that. Helps prevent you from having one level 80 pokemon because you will possibly run out of moves .