This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who was the suckiest rival that ever sucked?

#31PrismsbladePosted 1/18/2013 4:16:33 PM
Would N from black, and white count as a rival, as you fight him throughout the game almost as much as the other two.....
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#32XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 1/18/2013 4:18:31 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Blue is the best rival for the sole fact that he is the only one who ever makes you want to improve and be better than you are.

All the other Rivals are like "lol dang you beat me! Next time I'll get you! (not)"

Sure, Blue is the same way, but his attitude STILL makes you want to improve (even though you know you'll probably beat him anyway) and like someone else already said he's always one step ahead of you plot wise.

Silver has some plot development ("Why can't I win-- Oh right I should like my pokemon *crobat*. Also, my daddy didn't love me!")

May/Brendan are awful just like their awful dad who is an awful Professor and gets punked out by a Poochyena

*THUD*Barry is a spaz. An annoying Spaz

Cheren has slight character development outside of being a typical jobbing rival (his character arc goes in the opposite direction of Blue; he's not bitter about others being better, and instead wants to further fledgling trainers instead of trying to establish dominance over other strong trainers (like Blue))

Bianca sucks for being the give up girl who because another May/Brendan (though she's a better trainer than them as someone already pointed out)

Hugh is pretty bland and like all of the other rivals not named Blue he doesn't really push you at all. Though ironically the whole time he is explicitly verbally pushing you to be stronger: "Hey best pal, you beat me (again), but I need you to get better and help me achieve my goals!"

And if N counts yeah he's best or second best up there with Blue. "Show me the power of your convictions!" is always badass

Wally is mid tier because you don't see him enough
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#33mjc0961Posted 1/18/2013 6:16:35 PM
KingTumbleweed posted...
May/Brendan is the only true answer.

DBF__ posted...
May/Brendan is the only cool answer.

May/Brendan shouldn't be an answer. They weren't your rival in that game, Wally was. Everyone who voted May/Brendan has massively failed.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#34YoyokuKOPosted 1/18/2013 6:17:59 PM
I like and hate Barry

Barry was the one that followed you. You were his rival
#35Robot_SoopaPosted 1/18/2013 6:20:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#36Skull_proPosted 1/18/2013 6:22:38 PM
AmephEstMako posted...
May/Brendan

Not only do you rarely see them, they're good friends and you don't even see the final form of their Starter Pokemon.

To be fair, Brendan was a bit of an ass. He often looked down upon you.. just not as much as Blue.
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#37CrabhammarPosted 1/18/2013 6:23:22 PM
Pooo869 posted...
Why does barry have the second most votes, by far he was the best rival

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#38EliteGuard99Posted 1/18/2013 6:29:22 PM
Trick question, the real answer is all the rivals that came after Silver.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#39Misdreavus573Posted 1/18/2013 6:49:05 PM
I don't care how weak Brendan/May were as rivals, there is no other answer than Barry.

Barry needs to die slowly in a Fire Blast.
#40CharizardFirePosted 1/18/2013 6:54:26 PM
May/Brendan shouldn't be an answer. They weren't your rival in that game, Wally was.

Wally's not even a rival.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif