This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who was the suckiest rival that ever sucked?

#51GastroidPosted 1/18/2013 8:30:15 PM(edited)
May/Brendan had no reason to be in the games as rivals whatsoever, especially how Wally was your other rival who actually had a story with character growth, and you battled him for him to prove that he had grown not only as a trainer, but as a person (not just for fun like with May/Brendan). On top of that, he actually used the final evolved form of his starting Pokemon.
---
Achilles Mark X Judicoid
Defender of the Ark
#52MileRunPosted 1/18/2013 8:30:24 PM
SoulBlayZ posted...
KillerMechanoid posted...
May/Brendan: They didn't even fight you with their fully evolved starter!

this excuse seems like a bandwagon

You have to admit, it is a really compelling argument. The idea of having a rival is that neither of you give up until a critical plot juncture. The Gen 3 rival didn't quite reach that point.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#53vital_tundraPosted 1/18/2013 8:32:47 PM
MileRun posted...
SoulBlayZ posted...
KillerMechanoid posted...
May/Brendan: They didn't even fight you with their fully evolved starter!

this excuse seems like a bandwagon

You have to admit, it is a really compelling argument. The idea of having a rival is that neither of you give up until a critical plot juncture. The Gen 3 rival didn't quite reach that point.

Goes to large Pokemart, rival fights you, the end. lol
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#54RX0megaPosted 1/18/2013 8:37:14 PM
CharizardFire posted...
May/Brendan shouldn't be an answer. They weren't your rival in that game, Wally was.

Wally's not even a rival.

A rival is someone competing with you for the same thing. So yes, Wally is a rival, and moreso than Brenan/May, that's for sure.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#55MarioMan847Posted 1/18/2013 8:37:22 PM
Freakin' May.
---
Video games are awesome.
#56tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/18/2013 8:49:21 PM
mjc0961 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...
May/Brendan is the only true answer.

DBF__ posted...
May/Brendan is the only cool answer.

May/Brendan shouldn't be an answer. They weren't your rival in that game, Wally was. Everyone who voted May/Brendan has massively failed.

God, this. Same for Bianca. They shouldn't even be on that list. Bianca, May, and Brendan were just sort of there. Hardly even fitting the definition of a rival.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#57jaoman69Posted 1/18/2013 8:55:24 PM
Hugh's just a giant wussy who doesn't stop whining
#58mralpha543Posted 1/18/2013 9:07:27 PM
Hugh..
"I'm going to unleash my rage because they stole my sister's cat!!'
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Team Rocket's Rockin'! X-Deer name revealed: Xhika
#59Perfect SierraPosted 1/18/2013 9:52:43 PM
I'm not sure what's worse: that Brendan/May, lovely though they were, didn't even bother trying, or that Silver did try, but was an utter failure. He started out completely unlikeable, then ended up dithering on whether or not he wanted to continue being a douchebag, thus ending his rival tenure as a conflicted nothing.

Barry at least had spirit, but he was still an irritating little ****. Haven't played 4th Gen yet, so I can't comment on that lot.

Really, the only good rival I've come across was Blue. And my goodness, what a rival he was! He was fantastic. An absolute masterclass in being a great rival. He was a jackass, but one who actually walked the walk, so you actually loved to hate him - perhaps even grudgingly respected him. Everything you did, everything you wanted to do, everything you dreamed of becoming: he got there first and you had to fight him for it. He became Pokémon Champion before your. Your ultimate goal, your ultimate dream: he achieved it before you and you had to take it from him. What a guy. What a magnificent bastard.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2474/pokemoncomic.png

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9136/pokemoncosplayquestion.jpg
---
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
#60VenomousXPosted 1/18/2013 10:11:40 PM
Barry, I don't even remember who he is.
---
3DS FC: 5284-1731-2148
Zoey - Razah Farm