This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who was the suckiest rival that ever sucked?

#61Robot_SoopaPosted 1/18/2013 11:02:45 PM
I've found Hugh pretty lacking so far.

Been playing through the game the last couple days and it's just RAAAAAAAWRGH *runs after Team Plasma* There's not real depth or interesting character traits there. He's just mad they steal Pokemon and I'm at Drayden with no change in sight.

And calling Brendan/May your rival and not Wally is like saying Cheren/Bianca are your rivals and not N.
#62pbandjamesPosted 1/18/2013 11:24:47 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
I've found Hugh pretty lacking so far.

Been playing through the game the last couple days and it's just RAAAAAAAWRGH *runs after Team Plasma* There's not real depth or interesting character traits there. He's just mad they steal Pokemon and I'm at Drayden with no change in sight.

And calling Brendan/May your rival and not Wally is like saying Cheren/Bianca are your rivals and not N.

Pretty much this. Wally was the rival. Wally was the story of the sick kid who caught his first Pokemon with you, went down your path, overcame health issues and finally tried to achieve his dream.

With confidence after nearly dying, he challenges you to finally test his strength before the Chapionship...And you destroy his dreams quite neatly.

But he doesn't give up. He's determined to spend as long as it takes training on that road, battling you on occasion, until his Pokemon are strong enough to help him reach his dream.

N does the same thing in a way. He's against your character in a more subtle way, but he rivals you, and he knows it. That's also why you fight him near the end of the game, much after you fight Cheren and Bianca.

Cheren and Bianca and May/Brenden were just there to help your character out a few times, but they weren't really interested as much in the end goals of Champion as you were. Wally, however, wanted to become Champion and N wanted...well you know if you played. Technically, N was the Champion, like Blue. So, yeah. They may not of been the conventional childhood friend rivals, but they're the actual rivals for sure.
---
Game news is the best news.
#63RoyalShinePosted 1/18/2013 11:41:55 PM
I never liked Silver, because he has the worst attitude, and a terrible haircut.
#64XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 1/19/2013 12:59:11 AM
RoyalShine posted...
I never liked Silver, because he has the worst attitude, and a terrible haircut.

Of course a weakling like you wouldn't appreciate such a badass haircut
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#65CrystalKing5426Posted 1/19/2013 10:11:56 AM
RoyalShine posted...

When first playing G/S/C, I wasn't sure if Silver was a boy or a girl.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#66snacktimeguyPosted 1/19/2013 10:13:29 AM
Bianca
---
Black 2 FC: 4556-8058-7693
#67StarWarsfan1984Posted 1/19/2013 10:48:17 AM
Anclation posted...
May/Brendan is the only correct answer.

Exactly.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-5500-6430 Name: JMN
3DS Games: Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising
#68Rose_MagePosted 1/19/2013 10:52:27 AM
May and Brendan.

They had the right personalities.

But horrid teams.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#69PorungaRaPosted 1/19/2013 10:58:51 AM
May/Brendan sucked something *inaudible*
---
Who cares I don't care a horse's ass is better than yours- Cibo Matto
#70MagikarpRulesPosted 1/19/2013 11:36:55 AM
i have an issue with all the rivals, really; but I gavimy vote to Brendan/May, because they suddenly stopped battling you with no actual reason given.

Blue kinda sucks more than many people is willing to accept. Yes, he got there before you, but why does it matter when you destroyed him every time and yet he acted as if you were the one who lost? And his little crybaby whine when you beat him after the Elite 4: "Wah, my reign ended too quickly, not fair"

Silver is cockier and much whinier than Blue. And yep, he has daddy issues.

Wally showed much more growth, despite only battling you 3 times through the game.

Barry could be annoying, but i also found him funny sometimes.

Cheren is a bit jerkish, but that's it, while Bianca you see her trying her best and failing, and instead of breaking down found a new path.

N, at least story wise, was testing more than your wish to be champion. He tested your convictions, and like someone else pointed before, he was technically the champion.

Hugh has rage isues.