This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game should have most Pokemon catchable.

#11kirbmastaPosted 1/18/2013 10:43:03 PM
GSC might have had all the Kanto Pokemon available, but not the Johto ones. Have yet to see Ladyba, Spinarak, Chinchou, Sunkern, Aipom, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Pineco, Dunsparce, Gligar, Snubbul, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Sneasel, Corsola, Remoraid, Houndour, Phanpy, Smeargle, Tyrogue, or Slugma and their evo families in the wild in any version of GSC.

off the top of my head, i know aipom and pineco were from headbutt, shuckles are found from rock smash, half of those are just on routes, pretty sure dunsparce is in victory road, or the back of some cave somewhere

its literally like you havent played the games
#12Arcvalons(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 8:05:18 AM
Phanphy it's in the route between Blackthorn and New Bark. Some guy in a cave gives you Tyrogue.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#13TrackstarrunnerPosted 1/19/2013 8:14:00 AM
schukle is actually given to you as a gift to protect it from your rival...
---
2280 5281 0785
#14TowerBooks3192Posted 1/19/2013 8:19:45 AM
Trackstarrunner posted...
schukle is actually given to you as a gift to protect it from your rival...

Ahh yes, was that good old Shucky or something?

On Topic:

I wish!!! Pokemon is so aggravating when you don't have the older games and they have really annoying way of transferring pokemons from one gen to the next. I really feel depressed thinking I won't be able to catch all pokemons on one cart or see the cutscenes of the legendaries especially if I missed the event. I just wished they would stick to unique pokemons as events like the notch eared pichu or something rather than the legendaries that are sort of an important part of the story as a whole. Its unfair we get to miss a part of the story because we miss an event pokemon
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#15lazycomplifePosted 1/19/2013 8:23:24 AM
ecylis posted...
GSC might have had all the Kanto Pokemon available, but not the Johto ones. Have yet to see Ladyba, Spinarak, Chinchou, Sunkern, Aipom, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Pineco, Dunsparce, Gligar, Snubbul, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Sneasel, Corsola, Remoraid, Houndour, Phanpy, Smeargle, Tyrogue, or Slugma and their evo families in the wild in any version of GSC.

lolol
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#16FFnutPosted 1/19/2013 8:55:09 AM
ecylis posted...

Ledyba and Spinarak were both on early routes. Like, Route 30 or something.
Chinchou might have been fishing, I think. Don't remember where, but I don't think you get a non-Old Rod until late anyway.
Sunkern was only in the National Park IIRC, but not during a bug-catching contest.
Aipom was only in Headbutt trees, like Heracross.
Murkrow and Misdreavus... I don't remember off the top of my head, but I feel like they were version exclusive counterparts. Might only have been that in DP though.
Pineco was also Headbutt only.
Dunsparce, Snubbul, Qwilfish, Remoraid, and Gligar (I think) were all swarm-only. Each one requires you to have some trainer registered in your phone to appear. Yanma was also in this group.
Shuckle had to be found via Rock Smash.
Houndour was only found in the Kanto parts of GSC. I think Slugma was too, but I'm not sure.
Smeargle was rare in the grass at the Ruins of alph, where Natu was found.
Tyrogue was handed out by the last guy in Mt. Mortar, but you needed to reach him with an empty slot to get it.

Don't remember Corsola but Phanpy was he version exclusive counterpart to Teddiursa, so if you found one in Gold the other was in the same place in Silver.
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#17TIGERJACKS0NPosted 1/19/2013 9:03:06 AM
ecylis posted...

WTF yes they were. from what i remember:

slugma is in bike trail in kanto
spinarak in a johto forest
smeargle in the ruins of alph caves (where unknown are)
phanpy in the trail by blackthorn city, where it leads back to your hometown
gligar same as above^
misdreavus in the gave where you fight red
penco by knocking down trees
chinchou in the fisher bridge area in kanto
qwilfish same as above^
remoraid next to the town with the mart that was captured by team rocket
shuckle by breaking rocks in that beach city (or steal it from the kid)
corsla by fishing in the same city as above^

don't remember the others but i know they were catchable. amazing how much i remember.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#18RTC3Posted 1/19/2013 9:35:34 AM
u do not know gamefreak and nintendo
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
Heat. http://i.imgur.com/zC1gp.jpg Sit down, kid
#19duranmanXPosted 1/19/2013 9:41:40 AM
ecylis posted...

I had a hard time NOT seeing those Pokemon in the game
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#20Arcvalons(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:47:53 AM
FFnut posted...
ecylis posted...

Ledyba and Spinarak were both on early routes. Like, Route 30 or something.
Chinchou might have been fishing, I think. Don't remember where, but I don't think you get a non-Old Rod until late anyway.
Sunkern was only in the National Park IIRC, but not during a bug-catching contest.
Aipom was only in Headbutt trees, like Heracross.
Murkrow and Misdreavus... I don't remember off the top of my head, but I feel like they were version exclusive counterparts. Might only have been that in DP though.
Pineco was also Headbutt only.
Dunsparce, Snubbul, Qwilfish, Remoraid, and Gligar (I think) were all swarm-only. Each one requires you to have some trainer registered in your phone to appear. Yanma was also in this group.
Shuckle had to be found via Rock Smash.
Houndour was only found in the Kanto parts of GSC. I think Slugma was too, but I'm not sure.
Smeargle was rare in the grass at the Ruins of alph, where Natu was found.
Tyrogue was handed out by the last guy in Mt. Mortar, but you needed to reach him with an empty slot to get it.

Don't remember Corsola but Phanpy was he version exclusive counterpart to Teddiursa, so if you found one in Gold the other was in the same place in Silver.

Corsola and Chinchou are both fisheable in Jasmine's city.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.