This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Begone version-exclusive and event Pokemon!!!

#1gladwyn101Posted 1/18/2013 5:47:09 PM
Should GameFreak eliminate game-exclusive Pokemon and make all Pokemon catchable in every game hereafter? - Results (62 votes)
Yes, we should be able to get any Pokemon legitimately without attending events or trading across versions.
46.77% (29 votes)
No, we should have to be devoted to Pokemon enough to attend events and buy multiple games of the same Generation.
17.74% (11 votes)
Don't care
17.74% (11 votes)
Other (post details)
17.74% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We can still have two versions for each generation, but we shouldn't be limited to catch version-specific Pokemon. It doesn't make sense from a roleplaying aspect.

The following fixes would be desirable:

The ability to catch starter Pokemon in the wild (albeit rare)

No version exclusives (the answer to which is rarity depending on version, but you can still catch either)

You get one legendary Pokemon from the storyline of the game (the one on the cover). The other can be obtained later (like in Gold and Silver).

Let us encounter all previously event-exclusive Pokemon outside of events (Mew, celebi, Jirachi, shaymin, etc). Not all of us can attend events in NYC or Tokyo or wherever, and not all of us are young enough to be willing to stand in a long line with 10-year-olds to get an event Pokemon.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2scrappybristolPosted 1/18/2013 5:49:05 PM
Cause that will sell two versions.
---
Ring Ring
#3Zesnam359Posted 1/18/2013 5:50:36 PM
this game can support downloadable content since it's on the 3ds. make event pokemon downloads.
---
I mean it's fun and all, but I don't think a lawnmower would be my weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse.
#4ryudin89Posted 1/18/2013 5:51:00 PM
Oh god yes. Even though it won't happen.... Then how would they make their money?
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#5CharizardFirePosted 1/18/2013 5:51:13 PM
Other: Keep version exclusives, but do away with event-exclusive Pokémon.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#6Emerald_FlashPosted 1/18/2013 5:53:39 PM
Other: The events suck, I feel obligated to cheat most of the time, which means I must simply go without them. Version exclusives are fine, though. We can keep those as long as trading remains simple.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#7Soanevalcke6Posted 1/18/2013 6:01:16 PM(edited)
Other: Make the Versions more different.

They will have a Chance with the Gen III remakes coming Next Year or the Year after. They can make Spirit Emerald (Hoenn) and Gene Amethyst (Kanto), instead of Terra Ruby and Aqua Sapphire.

Also, Retire some Event Pokemon from Event Status, Like Deoxys, Darkrai, Keldeo, Genesect, and MAYBE Arceus, (But Arceus would Require getting All three of the Creation Trio).

ESPECIALLY Darkrai though, Its counterpart isn't even an Exclusive.

For the Rest of the Event Pokemon? Have it covered with SpotPass in case someone doesnt know about the event taking place
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#8TehKrimboElfPosted 1/18/2013 5:57:40 PM
Emerald_Flash posted...
Other: The events suck, I feel obligated to cheat most of the time, which means I must simply go without them. Version exclusives are fine, though. We can keep those as long as trading remains simple.

---
The official Surt of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
White 2 FC: 2581 1170 0989
#9YoyokuKOPosted 1/18/2013 6:00:06 PM
the comment from gamefreak...or iwata...was that they want to encourage more trading

won't happen sis
#10MaetchPosted 1/18/2013 6:00:23 PM
The idea is that you're supposed to know people who have the other version so you can trade. Never mind the fact that this is America, the place where people play video-games to isolate themselves, not socialize.

I swear, Japan has yet to understand that we're not Japan.