This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a feeling that the new starters..

#11GATTJTPosted 1/18/2013 7:30:24 PM
Can you guys tell my why the generation 5 starters are so bad?

Bad stats/movepools

Also, two of them get completely outclassed in B/W 1, and in B/W 2 all three have viable replacements.
---
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
#12ChangliniPosted 1/18/2013 7:30:32 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
they'll be the strongest starters ever like none of them ever was

Power Creep?

Or will they keep up with the pattern for starters?
---
The refurbish NER, oh how you've redeemed me.
Walker, you're here because you wanted to be something you're not, a hero ~Konrad
#13AuroraSonicBeam(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:30:57 PM
JacK_1S_BK posted...
RageKaiser posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
RageKaiser posted...
I hope they don't make that mistake again

Yeah, generation 5 starters were terrible.

Btw, aren't you the guy that posted in that Pokemon and sexual preference topic?

I post in a lot of topics.

Well, that goes for a lot of people, obviously. However, the topic in question was rather unique. I think the title was "Sign if you're gay and like Pokemon".

I created that topic
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#14BlackHorse6969Posted 1/18/2013 7:33:04 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
RageKaiser posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
RageKaiser posted...

Btw, aren't you the guy that posted in that Pokemon and sexual preference topic?

Well, that goes for a lot of people, obviously. However, the topic in question was rather unique. I think the title was "Sign if you're gay and like Pokemon".

I created that topic

its about to get all yaoi up in here.
everyone out of the way!
#15GastroidPosted 1/18/2013 7:44:25 PM(edited)
From: LEBRONJAMESJR | Posted: 1/18/2013 9:28:10 PM | #007

A few reasons:
- Monotype Grass and Water starters, with a Fire/Fighting complement. Compared to the past two gens, that's the absolute laziest typing imaginable.
- All three final evos have all around marginally-average-to-bad stats. Emboar gets hit the worst with being as slow as a boulder, something neither a Fire-type nor a Fighting-type really wants to be.
- With what usable stats there are on the final evos, they have almost no usable moves. The movepool for each is just abysmal.
- The past three gens we've seen Swampert, Blaziken, Empoleon and Infernape really pull their own weight and really reset the standards on just how useful a starter can be (with the bonus of Venusaur getting buffed back up and becoming great again). With the Gen V starters, there's what, the mystical one trick pony Contrary Serperior?
---
Destroid
Second Generation Nanite-based Android Series
#16EdwardoMario16Posted 1/18/2013 10:31:33 PM(edited)
LEBRONJAMESJR posted...

1) Redundant Typing. Mono-Grass, Mono-Water, and yet another Fire/Fighting.
2) Bad Movepools/Abilities.
3) Power Creep of Gen V Pokemon rendering them obsolete.

Snivy: Fast for absolutely nothing with GODAWFUL attack. Grass Type, which is already bad for attacking and hits like Tissue Paper.
Tepig: Terrible Fighting-Type movepool (Lol ArmThrust)and has to carry Flame Charge in it's movepool, because it's so SLOW.
Oshawott: The best one of the three with balanced stats, but doesn't take long to showcase it's mediocrity. Slow, doesn't hit hard enough, and doesn't take hits well. The flaws are massively shown in the late game, with much tougher opponents.

Oh, and did I mention that they're easily replaced by other Pokemon you can find in the wild? In BW1 Oshawott was in the clear, but in BW2 all three are left in the dust.

Gen III and IV raised the standards of starter Pokemon with incredible Pokes like Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile, Torterra, Empoleon, and Infernape. The Gen V guys are a massive downgrade. Worst batch of starters since... ever.

It's going to take a real effort for the Gen VI starters to suck as hard as Gen V.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
#17Rose_MagePosted 1/18/2013 10:19:47 PM
Agreed. I have a feeling that Blaziken > All will be still the case, though...Not that I mind. :V
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#18JacK_1S_BKPosted 1/19/2013 3:49:15 PM
RageKaiser posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
RageKaiser posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
RageKaiser posted...

Yes. I'm gay. whats your point?

That wasn't my question, but I guess you're the poster I remember.
---
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior