This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Instead of having shinies, why don't we have a massive amount of variations?

#1ElectricNovaPosted 1/19/2013 5:38:46 AM
Whenver you find a pokemon, it will be unique, for example slightly different markings, different colours and shades, facial expressions.

So every pokemon has a multitude of different colours and appearances. Imagine Spinda's variations, but slightly more noticeable, affect colouration, and apply to all pokemon species.

It could add to that "every pokemon is uniue, even ones of the same species" thing that gamefreak tries to push.

There would be a lot of unique combinations. This would attach more sentimental value to individual pokemon because you know you'll never get one that's exactly the same looking.
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#2PenguPineapplePosted 1/19/2013 5:47:24 AM
Agree 100%

I still think the idea of shinies (and the chance of finding them) is silly.
---
3DS: skypengu / 1504 - 5707 - 8126
NNID: pengusaurusrex
#3ElectricNova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 5:48:34 AM
PenguPineapple posted...
Agree 100%

I still think the idea of shinies (and the chance of finding them) is silly.

Well, shinies lost their value as soon as online trading+ hacking became available
---
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#4KingTumbleweedPosted 1/19/2013 5:58:21 AM
First, they're still the same pokemon no matter what the hell you're doing, giving them more colour options just wastes time.
Second, it could possibly take months just making tiny little variations on a single pokemon. Shinies are bit different considering there's only 1 for 1 pokemon.
Thirdly, it would be god-awful as some fans will want an exact face/colour and they could possibly never get it.
And finally, you say these make Pokemon unique. Pokemon isn't some huge MMO, this is evident by only 2 character options at the start. We don't need to be unique in this game.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#5ElectricNova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:22:18 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
First, they're still the same pokemon no matter what the hell you're doing, giving them more colour options just wastes time.
Second, it could possibly take months just making tiny little variations on a single pokemon. Shinies are bit different considering there's only 1 for 1 pokemon.
Thirdly, it would be god-awful as some fans will want an exact face/colour and they could possibly never get it.
And finally, you say these make Pokemon unique. Pokemon isn't some huge MMO, this is evident by only 2 character options at the start. We don't need to be unique in this game.

So you're saying it shouldn't happen because it would take effort on the part of the developers.

There wouldn't be a specific face.colour because the changes would probably be randomly generated and getting one the right colour wouldn't be that hard, as different colours would be common and standard. and I doubt any fan will care enough about getting specific markings/stripes/facial expressions and if they do that'd their fault.
---
#6Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/19/2013 6:30:20 AM
Do what the Stadium games did: have your Pokemon's color change depending on its nickname.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#7ElectricNova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:34:31 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Do what the Stadium games did: have your Pokemon's color change depending on its nickname.

They did that? Never played stadium, except for very briefly
---
#8enixroxPosted 1/19/2013 6:38:56 AM
ElectricNova posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

So you're saying it shouldn't happen because it would take effort on the part of the developers.

There wouldn't be a specific face.colour because the changes would probably be randomly generated and getting one the right colour wouldn't be that hard, as different colours would be common and standard. and I doubt any fan will care enough about getting specific markings/stripes/facial expressions and if they do that'd their fault.

I don't think that he/she is saying that it shouldn't happen because of the effort the developers would have to put in. I think that the point is that it would be extremely time consuming. For many games, when one aspect is thoroughly developed (like this would require) other parts of the game suffers. There are budget and time constraints for all games. Although the pokemon franchise is worth a TON of money, they still don't want to spend hundreds of man hours on just this aspect of the game.

Besides, getting a shinny is something special. It doesn't legitimately happen that often and makes that pokemon extra special to the owner. Changing colors would make that not happen.
---
3DS FC: 4141-1787-0987
#9ElectricNova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:42:36 AM
enixrox posted...
ElectricNova posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

I don't think that he/she is saying that it shouldn't happen because of the effort the developers would have to put in. I think that the point is that it would be extremely time consuming. For many games, when one aspect is thoroughly developed (like this would require) other parts of the game suffers. There are budget and time constraints for all games. Although the pokemon franchise is worth a TON of money, they still don't want to spend hundreds of man hours on just this aspect of the game.

Besides, getting a shinny is something special. It doesn't legitimately happen that often and makes that pokemon extra special to the owner. Changing colors would make that not happen.

It would not take as long as you think it would. I don't think other parts of the game havr to suffer, that's a baselsss assumption really. There are budget and time constraints I know. I;m not saying this will happen but in an ideal world, it would.

Oh, and shinies were cool until wifi trading appeared and it became impossible to distinguish legit shinies from hacked ones also.

No offense by the way, I don't want to sound rude or angry or anything, if that's how i'm sounding, i'm just arguing my point.
---
#10Wynters387Posted 1/19/2013 6:49:02 AM
Don't let it get too out of hand. How about each Nature pertains to a specific pattern.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board