This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How a multi-region game should work...[merely a theory]

#1TheoryGentPosted 1/19/2013 9:23:02 AM
Since the time of Hoenn, I have been begging for an "all-region" game where we could re-visit past professor and flex our poke-muscles at older gym leaders and region champions. However, since Pokemon will be at it 6th region with Pokemon X/Y, the chances of having an "all-region" game is growing slimmer and slimmer. Not to mention, if the game is created, no one will be excited with the mundane task of collecting 48 badges.

I would rather suggest a different type of "multi-region" game (and if this has been suggested before I apologize; I'm new). Assume Region 1 is the region of the current gen while all other regions are returning regions or other new regions(you choose).

With Region 1, we play the same old tune; Get starter pokemon, go forth and collect 8 badges, meet new friends, topple an evil organization, usurp the current champion, and quite possibly save the world while simultaneously acquiring a deadly legendary. Congratz, you are awesome.

Upon becoming the Champion of your region, you are invite for tea(or tequlia) by the professor of Region 2. You take a ferry/plane/train to the starting town of Region 2 and enter the professor lab. After exchanging pleasantries, you meet a Pokemon Detective who would like your assistance. Their are two (rival) evil organizations causing a lot of trouble in Region 2 and he would like you to investigate one undercover while he investigates the other. He then holds out two invitations to a recruitment dinner and you choose which evil organization you will join. You then head to the designated city/town to attend the recruitment dinner and Congratz! You are now an EvilTeam Grunt. The objective of Region 2 will be to do various heinous missions(along a story, not a mission mode) to work you way up from Grunt to Commander. On the way you will assist the bad guys plans, but folly them in the end.

For example, you defeat a group of trainers to steal their pokemon, only to release them when noone is looking. You infiltrate a lab/museum to steal something and battle police trying to stop you, but "lose" the object. You even run into the other evil organization and battle them to achieve victory(sometimes battling the detective in the other organization to maintain your cover ). You may even double battle with your villainous comrades! Near the end of Region 2, you have finally become Supreme Commander and will have access to all of the data the detective needs. Suddenly your base is attacked by Region 2 Pokemon Champion and they challenge to you to battle. After you defeat them, the detective and professor rush in to explain the details of your undercover work. Congrats, you have just beaten Region 2.

Other ideas include a Mini-game region (optional) like the Orange islands where you defeat the gym leaders by beating them in mini-games your pokemon compete in. All defeating all of them, you face the Region Champion and Congratz, you have just beaten Region 3

Instead of having a random legendary sit in a cave and wait for you, add a story to it. In Region 4, pokemon have started to turn on their trainers and viciously attack them. As a well-known trainer, you are asked to investigate. While traveling the Region, you solve the multiple problems these pokemon are causing and may even having to battle against your own (briefly). Near the end, you realize that Region 4 Champion has been abusing a legendary pokemon causing all of this nonsense. You battle and defeat him, saving the region (at which point the legendary may join you or run to another cave, either way, Congratz, you've beaten Region 4.

Now I wouldn't say to include all these regions in game and I wouldn't limit ideas to just this. My main point is that I would like Gamefreak give us a "multi-region" game where the point is not to simply defeat 8 gyms over and over. I think a game like this would offer an engaging post-game. I welcome all input, positive and negative, and any region ideas. long post...sorry
#2TheoryGent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:31:15 AM
Theory Bump!!
#3jimmyzeke13Posted 1/19/2013 9:33:14 AM
I definitely want to be part of Team Rocket in a game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA
Official Eevee #1 of the Eevee corps and Official Golem of the Pokemon X board
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/19/2013 9:34:21 AM
Sounds good
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#5ChimpsonabusPosted 1/19/2013 9:35:54 AM
Decent enough ideas, but I don't see why they couldn't all fit into a single region.
#6AmphetaPosted 1/19/2013 9:43:07 AM
Won't work. Unless the 3DS had PS4 graphics.

Gen 6 has all Pokemon coded in. Thats more than 700 sprites + Trainers.

If everything was like you said all trainers will have to be the same sprite like they sometimes usually do in Pokemon games. Except your idea will be worst.

Gamefreak knows what he's doing.
#7TheoryGent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:02:02 AM
Ampheta posted...

If everything was like you said all trainers will have to be the same sprite like they sometimes usually do in Pokemon games. Except your idea will be worst.

I didn't mean to imply that this would be for the 3DS or to include all the ideas. But one possible way (and I don't relish this idea) is that extra post-game could be offered in the 3DS shop where the additional data isn't stored on the game, but on an extra memory card.

Of course I have no idea how that would work and would rather not think of the day where Nintendo offers Pokemon DLC(shudder). The main point was an idea for future games, so I assume the tech is possible (which, with the way handheld are going, won't be that far off).
#8torentdragonPosted 1/19/2013 10:11:39 AM
It sounds great, but I think the main problem are the levels. It would mean every trainer will be around level 100 somewhere in region 2.
---
:/
#9TrackstarrunnerPosted 1/19/2013 10:21:25 AM
Ampheta posted...

kind sir did someone pee in your wheaties? (or cereal?)
---
2280 5281 0785