This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things that you hope change in Generation VI

#11duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 1:01:25 PM
An introduction of files would help so much too
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#12soMEguy_povoPosted 1/19/2013 1:15:36 PM
* Non-linear world map (eg: start off basically in middle of map, can choose any direction and you'll wind up at one of the first 4 cities/gyms).

* Evil team plays a much smaller role and you can choose to pretty much ignore them (maybe coupled with a rudimentary good/bad ending system where the only variable is if you beat the evil team or not).

* Every gym has an option to skip straight to the leader if you solve the puzzle(s) correctly. Also, you should be able to leave at any time without having to go too far out of your way (Looking at you, stupid overdesigned piece of **** dragon gym from Black1/White1)

* Remove all HM obstacles except water (ie: waterfalls, giant boulders, trees, fog, smashable rocks... I think that's it). We're all well past the point where such pointless roadblocks are necessary, innovative, or even interesting. They've already made it so they're not blocking the main path, so why not do away with them entirely.

* By extension, can we please get rid of the annoying "this route is closed due to ridiculous contrivance" BS? Dude, if I want to go straight to the 8th gym and get my ass handed to me, then I should be able to. Let trainer levels be the roadblock, not some random moron just saying I can't.

* There should be an option to turn off the tutorial mode at the start of the game (first fight, first route, signs explaining what the buttons do, the "how to catch" scene). I'm pretty sure this isn't most peoples' first Pokemon game, and if it is, it's honestly not very hard to figure out unless you have no familiarity with the series/brand at all (in which case, why are you buying/playing this?)
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I'd rather die than go to heaven" - William Murderface
#13NinjaKitsunePosted 1/19/2013 1:28:44 PM
1: multiple saves.
2: Rework IVs so that getting good ones isn't a luck-based mission. Getting maxed ones for all stats should be reasonably doable within, say, 20-50 eggs from two freshly-caught pokemon if done right.
3: On the subject of luck, make shinys more common. I don't care if people think it will "devalue" their shinies, the fact that the average person who's played since the beginning can count the shinies they've seen on one hand is just plain wrong.
---
If you see this, something broke gamefox
#14NeonDragon9000Posted 1/19/2013 1:34:52 PM
I always thought there should be a "real" postgame where you are the Champion, and every once in a while have to defeat NPCs at the Pokemon League who want to be the Champion themselves.

If you win, you remain Champion. If you lose, you have to refight the E4. Not really any different from how it is now, but, whatever.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#15reaverzPosted 1/19/2013 3:02:41 PM
I truly hope that weather abilities only summon the weather for five turns, eight if holding the right weather rock item. Infinite weather really needs to go.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#16KitschgardenerPosted 1/19/2013 3:11:33 PM
there should be a "real" postgame where you are the Champion, and every once in a while have to defeat NPCs at the Pokemon League who want to be the Champion themselves.

So much this. It's incredible how Game Freak don't see anything wrong with the NPC champion still in the champion's room, defeated or not. Just...how has been going on so long?

Other post-game content would be most welcome, such as places to grind well into the 80's (B2W2 got this right).
#17MM125Posted 1/19/2013 3:40:37 PM
Stealth Rock.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#18RedShadowwwPosted 1/19/2013 3:52:35 PM
Items that make up for HMs, could be obtainable after you beat the champion.
#19duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:02:19 PM
I would like to see a better wireless, since thats what they where talking about in the Nintedo direct
---
#20duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:04:26 PM
duranmanX posted...
I would like to see a better wireless, since thats what they where talking about in the Nintedo direct

possibly even co-op, with 3D anything is possible
---