This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things that you hope change in Generation VI

#41CenedarprimePosted 1/22/2013 5:14:45 PM
I'd like to see a few things:

-Customizable appearance for your character. I still can't not laugh at my character's hair in Black 2. He looks like a pineapple, or a palm tree. Plus what child in their right mind wears what appears to be shorts and a wetsuit in the dead of winter?

-Non-linear map (as much as I love Unova, there is no way anyone could pass that off as "open-ended", especially in BW1)

-Instant drop-in/drop-out co-op feature. If there is another 3DS nearby with communications on and playing X or Y, the players should be able to meet up and all wild and trainer battles go to 2-on-2. Imagine taking on a gym leader as a team! It would also provide an alternative, more fleshed-out option for battles and trades between players.

-Assign Dowsing Machine to Streetpass/Spotpass. You put you 3DS to sleep and go walking around on errands and such. You open back up to continue your game and BAM! Hidden items found and placed neatly in your bag.

-Bring back some of the touch screen menu functionality from HGSS. If we want running shoes on all the time, we should be able to have it WITHOUT holding down the button.

-Make HMs into TMs and give character items to replace HM functionality in the overworld. That, or give each Pokemon one move slot SEPARATE from the standard 4 for an HM move. That way my Dragon Dancing Gyarados could keep its moveset and still be able to Surf me across the sea.

-Not getting my hopes up, but changing garbled cries of Pokemon into something more like the anime.

-Voice acting. If not for your character, then at least for NPCs. Especially important ones like gym leaders, Pokemon League members and the evil team leaders.

-I know I will catch flak for this, and I don't rightly care. I want to see a Light type. I wouldn't know how to go about balancing it with the other types, I'd leave that to the professionals.

-ALL Pokemon with no evolutions/pre-evolutions should get at least one extra form, whether it be by a baby form, level up, trade, item evolution, etc.
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#42duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:31:13 PM
I would love to see another Medal system though make it more similar to Trophy system with 100 Max and not too many duplicates
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#43duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:36:44 PM
Also make getting every single pokemon a possible task without having to cheat
---
#44MooFaceBrainsPosted 1/22/2013 7:01:28 PM
What I don't get is that some people want to replace HM's. I think that they help with the immersion of the game, it makes it so that the Pokémon aren't only creatures in battle but on the field also. Additionally there is the exclusive to one game and how you need to trade. Pokémon is pretty much a game in which the goal is social interaction. It is a game where the multiplayer was and still is an integral part of the game. Sure it's more difficult in North America but in Japan Pokémon is extremely popular with tons of people getting the games and the people interacting more. In Japan it is socially acceptable to play Pokémon,whereas in NA we see it as a kids game and so more social shunned. Thus it leads to less social interaction. However because it is a Japanese game it takes into account Japan a little more than the rest of the world. Adding on to this it is also is something called the GTS and although it is a little hard to use,persistence pays off

Too long; Didn't read

HM moves
Annoying but is brings immersion

Exclusive Pokémon
It is a game that was made for social interaction.
---
Moo!
#45duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:26:51 PM
MooFaceBrains posted...
What I don't get is that some people want to replace HM's. I think that they help with the immersion of the game, it makes it so that the Pokémon aren't only creatures in battle but on the field also. Additionally there is the exclusive to one game and how you need to trade. Pokémon is pretty much a game in which the goal is social interaction. It is a game where the multiplayer was and still is an integral part of the game. Sure it's more difficult in North America but in Japan Pokémon is extremely popular with tons of people getting the games and the people interacting more. In Japan it is socially acceptable to play Pokémon,whereas in NA we see it as a kids game and so more social shunned. Thus it leads to less social interaction. However because it is a Japanese game it takes into account Japan a little more than the rest of the world. Adding on to this it is also is something called the GTS and although it is a little hard to use,persistence pays off

Too long; Didn't read

HM moves
Annoying but is brings immersion

Exclusive Pokémon
It is a game that was made for social interaction.

If you dont like a pokemon you shouldnt be forced to use it, for a little field interaction
The real reason is to block places between cities and I hope theyll fnd a better way to use that if they dont have HMS

I agree there should be trading, Im just against event pokemon and starters from past generations, along other exclusive, even if trading is possible
---
#46ElemayowePosted 1/22/2013 7:28:59 PM
More nudity, violence and gore.
Rated 18.
#47duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:30:32 PM
Elemayowe posted...
Rated 18.

Grand Theft Auto V is supposed to come out during Summer

Also whats the diffrence between violence and gore

And isnt it Rated M, or do you not use the ESRB
---
#48ElemayowePosted 1/22/2013 7:34:06 PM
duranmanX posted...
Elemayowe posted...
Rated 18.

Violence is fighting etc, gore is like blood guts and stuff. Like how in some fighting games they don't show blood.

As for the rating it's late and I'm mixing it up with BBFC. Although I have seen BBFC classifications on certain games.
#49jeffdogworthyPosted 1/22/2013 7:46:02 PM
soMEguy_povo posted...
* Non-linear world map (eg: start off basically in middle of map, can choose any direction and you'll wind up at one of the first 4 cities/gyms).

* Evil team plays a much smaller role and you can choose to pretty much ignore them (maybe coupled with a rudimentary good/bad ending system where the only variable is if you beat the evil team or not).

* Every gym has an option to skip straight to the leader if you solve the puzzle(s) correctly. Also, you should be able to leave at any time without having to go too far out of your way (Looking at you, stupid overdesigned piece of **** dragon gym from Black1/White1)

* Remove all HM obstacles except water (ie: waterfalls, giant boulders, trees, fog, smashable rocks... I think that's it). We're all well past the point where such pointless roadblocks are necessary, innovative, or even interesting. They've already made it so they're not blocking the main path, so why not do away with them entirely.

* By extension, can we please get rid of the annoying "this route is closed due to ridiculous contrivance" BS? Dude, if I want to go straight to the 8th gym and get my ass handed to me, then I should be able to. Let trainer levels be the roadblock, not some random moron just saying I can't.

* There should be an option to turn off the tutorial mode at the start of the game (first fight, first route, signs explaining what the buttons do, the "how to catch" scene). I'm pretty sure this isn't most peoples' first Pokemon game, and if it is, it's honestly not very hard to figure out unless you have no familiarity with the series/brand at all (in which case, why are you buying/playing this?)

QFT
#50duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:51:51 PM
Elemayowe posted...
duranmanX posted...
Elemayowe posted...
Rated 18.

Violence is fighting etc, gore is like blood guts and stuff. Like how in some fighting games they don't show blood.

As for the rating it's late and I'm mixing it up with BBFC. Although I have seen BBFC classifications on certain games.

I dont see why you any of this stuff in a Pokemon game though, Pokemon dont even die, they faint
---