This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's possible that the colour pattern for Gen game titles was never the case...

#1VivisqeqPosted 1/19/2013 11:22:25 AM
...in the first place

Gen 1 = Colours
Gen 2 = Metals
Gen 3 = Gems
Gen 4 = Stones
Gen 5 = Shades
Gen 6 = Letters
---
STFC
Not changing this line of my sig until Sin Cara wins a World Title or leaves the WWE/gets fired/retires - Started 21/8/2011
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/19/2013 11:23:10 AM
There never was a pattern. The only gen that used colors was Gen I, along with FR/LG
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#3ElectricNovaPosted 1/19/2013 11:25:33 AM(edited)
What convinces you that Gold and Silver are supposed to be metals rather than colours?

There's no evidence for it.

Anyway:
Red, Blue and Yellow
FireRed and Leafgreen
Gold and Silver
Heartgold and Soulsilver
Black and White (don't give that shades stuff they're still colours don't be pedantic)

Are all colours
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#4HizemePosted 1/19/2013 11:26:07 AM(edited)
Crystal isn't even a metal. :(

EDIT: well, I suppose it depends on the type of crystal... eh, whatever.
---
http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss166/track022/stuff/spinspinspin.gif
Japanese customs dictate that one must remove their dinosaurs at the door.
#5ThatKippPosted 1/19/2013 11:24:54 AM
This gen uses Roman letters because of the international release. If they named the games something else, then the names would be in different languages all around the world. But X and Y are just letters, so they're the same in every language.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#6javel34Posted 1/19/2013 11:31:03 AM
ThatKipp posted...
This gen uses Roman letters because of the international release. If they named the games something else, then the names would be in different languages all around the world. But X and Y are just letters, so they're the same in every language.

Except in china, Russia, Greece, the Middle East, and anywhere that doesn't use English.
---
Black2 FC: 0519 5089 8733
#7LyokoNinjaPosted 1/19/2013 11:35:18 AM
javel34 posted...
ThatKipp posted...

Except in china, Russia, Greece, the Middle East, and anywhere that doesn't use English.

I think he means that they're recognizable as belonging to the Latin alphabet just about anywhere.
---
"I've seen tons of people who love the old Pokemon and burn the new
ones on the stake, but I've actually never seen the opposite =/" - JoJoX200
#8CharizardFirePosted 1/19/2013 1:02:06 PM
What convinces you that Gold and Silver are supposed to be metals rather than colors?

Pokémon Stadium 2's item boxes.

The Color Case is for items from RBY.
The Metal Case is for items from GSC,
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#9FantasyLogicPosted 1/19/2013 1:04:00 PM
javel34 posted...
ThatKipp posted...

LOL
---
#TeamFroakie
http://i.imgur.com/9dCB6.jpg
#10darkdragongirlPosted 1/19/2013 1:08:00 PM
I was always bothered people called 4th gen colors.

Sure your hair might be Platinum Blonde, but still it is primarily blonde. Pearl is more what you do to a color, like a pearlescent finish on a car. And I've never heard someone call something a Diamond color.
---
Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey
I've got a poring on my mind, and toast in my mouth, let's quest!