This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon 666

#121duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:13:00 PM
BlazzingStar posted...
I bet it will be a really cute one...

then it'll evolve to look mean and ugly
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#122Faust_8Posted 1/24/2013 8:41:27 PM
The game is made in Japan...why would they even take this into consideration? Why would that number have any significance to them?

I mean, isn't the number 4 unlucky to them because it sounds like their word for death or something? And that sure made a difference to Charmander...
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#123duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:50:35 PM
Faust_8 posted...
The game is made in Japan...why would they even take this into consideration? Why would that number have any significance to them?

I mean, isn't the number 4 unlucky to them because it sounds like their word for death or something? And that sure made a difference to Charmander...

In Japan, Hercules is called Mr Satan in DBZ for no clear reason, so I wouldnt doubt it

Also, Pokemon with 700 pokemon by now are running out of gimmicks and a demon pokemon for #666 would be something I could see, it would also be a nod to the mythology of the number
---
#124KIngdomSora50Posted 1/27/2013 5:11:48 PM
It should be a really cute one, which will get tons of fanart portraying it as evil
#125duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:18:21 PM
KIngdomSora50 posted...
It should be a really cute one, which will get tons of fanart portraying it as evil

I have a feeling that is going to happen and without GameFreaks acting on it

Whether Pokemon 666 is demonic or not, people somehow someway will present it like that
---
#126sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/27/2013 5:43:46 PM
Just another random Pokemon. 666 has no significant meaning in Japanese culture.
#127duranmanX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:46:14 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
Just another random Pokemon. 666 has no significant meaning in Japanese culture.

this is an international game now
---
#128sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/27/2013 5:47:22 PM
duranmanX posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...

this is an international game now

Created by a Japanese company.

Even still, if they made some kind of Satanic reference, do you realize how much business they would lose from parents not allowing their children to get the game because of the Satanic symbolism?
#129MagikarpRulesPosted 1/27/2013 6:00:08 PM
I wonder what would make a bigger controversy, a demonic looking Pokemon or a cute one.
#130KIngdomSora50Posted 1/27/2013 6:01:40 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
I wonder what would make a bigger controversy, a demonic looking Pokemon or a cute one.

the first one.