This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why wasn't Leaf the final boss in HGSS?

#11Zaraki_the_ZakuPosted 1/19/2013 5:18:43 PM
luigi_master29 posted...
The original female MC, Crystal, deserves more respect. She was a pioneer, and got shafted for Pippy Longstocking in HGSS.

This.
---
XBL: ZarakiTheZaku
PSN: Zaraki_the_Zaku
#12Skull_proPosted 1/19/2013 5:36:16 PM
Because Lance is the final boss? Why change that for Leaf?... though i agree that Leaf>Lance
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#13IrisVilePosted 1/19/2013 5:50:45 PM
This is more of a why are the male MCs always referenced in these game topics. Granted I would have liked running into Leaf, Lyra, May, Dawn, Hilda, or Rosa in something--but I am guessing due to the large male players the male protagonist will be on top. Which is fine with me(for the most part).
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#14pacopinataPosted 1/19/2013 5:57:20 PM(edited)
MagikarpRules posted...
In all honesty, it seems that Leaf really doesn't exist in the Pokemon World and was put there only so anyone who wanted to play as a female did so.

leaf exists in the pokemon manga, and was also supposed to be in the original red and blue and green versions.

and he name is green if i'm not mistaken ?
---
Gt= Moki Gilbert
ROFLWAFFLES
#15thescorpionPosted 1/19/2013 7:22:40 PM
It would be awesome if we could battle former player characters besides Red outside of remakes.

Ethan (Never appeared outside G, S, C HG and SS.)
Brendan (Never appeared outside Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald)
Lucas (Never appeared outside Diamond, Pearl and Platinum)
Hibert (Couldn't be battled against in B2 and W2 by Nate and Rosa since IIRC he had gone to a new region.)
Leaf (Only appeared in FR and LG.)
Kris (Only appeared in Crystal.)
Lyra (Only appeared in HG and SS.)
May (Never appeared outside Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald except in the Diamond and Pearl anime.)
Dawn (Never appeared outside Diamond, Pearl and Platinum except in the Unvoa anime. )
Hilda (Couldn't be battled against in B2 and W2 by Nate and Rosa since IIRC she had gone to a new region.)
---
Looks like they have spilled coffee on the server again.
#16Emerald_WyvernPosted 1/19/2013 8:14:02 PM
My opinion on canon trainers are...

Gen I: Red (Obviously.)
Gen II: Gold (If they can't even keep a consistent female character then it's Gold/Ethan plus Kris didn't exist at first)
Gen III: Sapphire/May (Manga reasons. She fights the gyms.)
Gen IV: Dawn/Platinum (Same as above.)
Gen V: Hilbert/Black (I highly... highly doubt Hilda would be canon.)
Gen V.2: Either... Rosa...? (Animated trailer has Rosa do the gyms and Nate face TP... Rosa is better looking.)
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#17Tequila_ShotPosted 1/19/2013 8:25:11 PM
Because "Leaf" isn't even a character. Her real name is Blue, or "Green" in the english translation. "Leaf" is just an idiotic fan name that people came up with.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#18XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 1/19/2013 8:29:26 PM
NameNotKnown posted...
Male > Female

This is sexist and wrong
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#19ThatKippPosted 1/19/2013 8:30:03 PM
The original female MC, Crystal, deserves more respect. She was a pioneer, and got shafted for Mario in HGSS.

ftfy
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725