This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

***Official Poll*** Is the first generation of Pokemon the best?

#11JSusiePosted 1/20/2013 12:54:43 PM
ZERO2936 posted...
How many times has this been settled "once and for all" now?

But didn't you see? He put ***Official Poll*** in it. It must be legit.
---
Currently playing: Nobody cares.
PC Specs: Nobody cares.
#12Infernus93Posted 1/20/2013 12:56:07 PM
vital_tundra posted...
We can assume the poll means Pokemon wise guys, I mean come on.

I assumed it meant games wise and voted no. If it was Pokemon wise, I probably would have voted yes.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#13Blazekicker27Posted 1/20/2013 1:32:19 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
What do you mean "settle"? The only people who actually believe Gen I is the best are genwunners, and their opinion's can be pretty much disregarded at that point

It's entirely possible to like gen I the most without being a genwunner.

In any case, I don't like it the best, Pokemon or gameplay wise (although Pokemon wise it's second).
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon X/Y boards and Blaziken of the PMD:GTI board.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#14CrapFactoryPosted 1/20/2013 1:35:11 PM
Pokemon designs were some of the best.

But the way the franchise has evolved is better.
I mean, Gen I had tons of problems. Special was one stat. Offensively ghost, dragon and bug were practically non-existent. Psychic was godly. blablabla....
#15MugilokoPosted 1/20/2013 1:37:49 PM
Gen 1 4 lyf
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#16ProdozulPosted 1/20/2013 1:40:44 PM
Silverwyrm posted...
Not even voting, when it comes to "best" I don't count first gen I feel it doesn't belong on polls. It started the franchise, it didn't build off anything else, it had no room for balance or adjustment, it was what it was and it started something for the others to build off of.

This
#17P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/20/2013 1:45:18 PM
Allow me to interject; while I understand it's completely possible to like the first generation of pokemon, what with the introduction of the series, as well as the multitude of great games that spawned from it, I find that those who like Gen I the best have a tendency to hate all other gens. This is not to say that this tendency applies to all those who like Gen I, merely to state that the distribution of those who like Gen I seems more commonly dispersed to genwunner territory. That is all. Now, if I've offended any of you three in any way, I apologize, because that statement was incomplete, and allowed for arguments to be made concerning it, and for that I am apologetic.
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#18darkus_fPosted 1/20/2013 1:45:45 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
What do you mean "settle"? The only people who actually believe Gen I is the best are genwunners, and their opinion's can be pretty much disregarded at that point

---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356
PWB Fav5: Punk, Ziggler, Cesaro, Orton, Titus
#19DarkstaPosted 1/20/2013 1:51:28 PM
Eh, Generation One was my favorite. I liked the Pokemon (the names were great), Team Rocket was awesome (yellow having Jesse and James) and the Story was pretty simple.

Gen 2 was okay but after that the names started to get on u nerves (like they were running out of names) and the designs...meh.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#20TherianReturns(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 3:36:33 PM
CrapFactory posted...
Pokemon designs were some of the best.

Simple, but best
---
Therian the God King. The only true Pokemon fan.