This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I had no idea that Trapinch evolved into Vibrava

#1xPhoenixWrightxPosted 1/20/2013 10:37:07 AM
It just blew my mind, because I am a pretty big fan of Pokemon. (Only since like Crystal) How did I not know this?
---
Objection!
http://tinyurl.com/c7eeoug
#2banjo kazooiePosted 1/20/2013 10:38:14 AM
Because you clearly don't like Flygon sufficiently to be considered a normal person.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 1/20/2013 10:38:20 AM
Because you don't pay attention.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#4Deoxys_PrimePosted 1/20/2013 10:39:44 AM
Probably because it's one of the most random evolutions in the entire series. Nobody really ever bothered with Trapinch in Ruby/Sapphire (I finally did in Emerald, since I figured out that Trapinch eventually becomes Flygon.) Yeah, it's a random evolution that might surprise someone if they've never used that Pokemon.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#5zombiabsolPosted 1/20/2013 10:40:00 AM
i didnt know until my first playthrough of black2, trapinch evolved and i was like lolwat?
flygon replaced swampert as my lead
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#6LexifoxPosted 1/20/2013 10:47:20 AM
Deoxys_Prime posted...
Probably because it's one of the most random evolutions in the entire series. Nobody really ever bothered with Trapinch in Ruby/Sapphire (I finally did in Emerald, since I figured out that Trapinch eventually becomes Flygon.) Yeah, it's a random evolution that might surprise someone if they've never used that Pokemon.

It's not random. Trapinch is based on the antlion, which gradually mature into winged forms where they from looking like ants (give or take) and more like dragonflies.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7Deoxys_PrimePosted 1/20/2013 10:49:11 AM
Lexifox posted...
Deoxys_Prime posted...

It's not random. Trapinch is based on the antlion, which gradually mature into winged forms where they from looking like ants (give or take) and more like dragonflies.

I didn't even know that antlions did that. I learn something new every day.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#8summerclawPosted 1/20/2013 10:51:03 AM
Doesn't tranpich had the same attack as Flygon? That will make a Tranpich with Eviolite, superior to vibraba right?
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#9banjo kazooiePosted 1/20/2013 11:13:44 AM
summerclaw posted...
Doesn't tranpich had the same attack as Flygon? That will make a Tranpich with Eviolite, superior to vibraba right?

Trapinch has a speed stat so incredibly awful that Slowpoke, a Pokemon that was named for it's incredible lack of speed, leaves it crying in the dust. Pokemon like Silcoon, who lack any apparent means of moving at all, can move an incredible amount faster than Trapinch. In Trick Room, the only two Pokemon that could possibly outrun Trapinch are Munchlax, a baby Pokemon, and Shuckle, a Pokemon who's gimmick is having insanely awful stats everywhere except for it's defences. Even with Eviolite, Trapinch still has rather ****ty defences. Eviolite Trapinch is just generally a terrible idea all-around.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#10vital_tundraPosted 1/20/2013 11:15:49 AM
You should feel ashamed >:(
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.