This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Idea: Trainer has a level and advances various skills as he levels.

#1gladwyn101Posted 1/20/2013 1:55:13 PM
Examples of Trainer skills:
Move tutoring/move deleting

Berry farming (increases berry yield when planting and harvesting)

Pokemon knowledge (enables you to view Pokemon types/weaknesses in battle, reveals other information outside of battle),

Pokemon breeding (enables selective breeding, which lets you choose what moves the Pokemon will have when it hatches, as well as stat allocating)

Such an implementation would make this a true RPG.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2NinjaKitsunePosted 1/20/2013 1:58:15 PM
I kinda like this idea.
---
If you see this, something broke gamefox
#3ElectricNovaPosted 1/20/2013 1:58:27 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
Examples of Trainer skills:
Move tutoring/move deleting

Berry farming (increases berry yield when planting and harvesting)

Pokemon knowledge (enables you to view Pokemon types/weaknesses in battle, reveals other information outside of battle),

Pokemon breeding (enables selective breeding, which lets you choose what moves the Pokemon will have when it hatches, as well as stat allocating)

Such an implementation would make this a true RPG.

If the breeding one lets you max out IV's, yes.

But the showing the type matchups in battle seems to take away some of the point somewhat.
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#4B01tPosted 1/20/2013 2:03:32 PM
might be interesting. such "skills" shouldn't be direct buffs for in-battle, but maybe out of battle stuff. Maybe get a 10% boost in EV points, or every 10 steps heals your pokemon by 1 hp. (like a reverse poison)

Actually, i'd love it if there was a skill which restored PP slowly. These wouldn't directly buff your pokemon, they wouldn't affect the metagame (except maybe the EV thing, but it wouldn't be an issue imho), but they'd help with in-game annoyances.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.