This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Johto and gsc/hgss kanto were awesome DEAL WITH IT

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Johto and gsc/hgss kanto were awesome DEAL WITH IT
3 years ago#1
I shake my head and nads to you guys
johto was god-status in HG/SS and kanto was missing like what? 3 dungeons? who really gave a crap bout the rock tunnel or power plant? and the forest/seafoam islands were fixed in the remake the only god-awful mistake they made was making the once epic mt moon into sissytown
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
3 years ago#2
GSC lifeless Kanto sucked.
HGSS Kanto was better.
Deal with it bro.
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
3 years ago#3
GSC Sucked.

HGSS was the Best Pokemon Game yet, because of Music, Visuals, Themes, and Controls.
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
3 years ago#4
ashcrv posted...
GSC lifeless Kanto sucked.
HGSS Kanto was better.
Deal with it bro.

This
3 years ago#5
Why do people knock GSC for having a watered down Kanto?

The gameboy color was less powerful than an iPod. There's only so much space it can hold.
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
3 years ago#6
BolognaSammich posted...

The gameboy color was less powerful than an iPod. There's only so much space it can hold.

Why do people knock Gen 1 for having less content than subsequent gens?
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
3 years ago#7
WilhuffTarkin posted...
BolognaSammich posted...

Why do people knock Gen 1 for having less content than subsequent gens?

Only insane people do that, though I'm not one to knock on Gen 5 either :P
PSN=Gelthidor
3 years ago#8
Having skipped Gen 2, I was excited to play HGSS and experience what many people thinks was the definitive pokemon games. After playing it, I realized that it was just all nostalgia talking, because Johto was easily the most forgettable reigon ive ever played. I think the problem was that Johto suffered since they included Kanto in GSC.
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
3 years ago#9
Johto was way smaller than any other region. Kanto was not fit for leveling up, and i agree it felt lifeless. Didn't play the remakes.
3 years ago#10
I loved those games. It was my first one, so obviously Silver carries some nostalgia with me. But there was also a sense of adventure that came with the game because of leaving home and essentially being forced to travel a completely different region for a while, interacting with locals and doing whatever the heck I wanted with these new people. It also felt freer to be able to go at my own pace and do what I want without as much railroading as the games give before the E4 and no dumb Team Evil bothering me every two steps of the way or annoying missing hm . It is this sense of adventure that no other main series game has replicated (though GenV has come close with their post E4 content). Needless to say, I enjoyed the remake immensely.
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1535 posts........and counting
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Johto and gsc/hgss kanto were awesome DEAL WITH IT

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived