This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Johto and gsc/hgss kanto were awesome DEAL WITH IT

#1djmetal777Posted 1/20/2013 2:02:48 PM(edited)
I shake my head and nads to you guys
johto was god-status in HG/SS and kanto was missing like what? 3 dungeons? who really gave a crap bout the rock tunnel or power plant? and the forest/seafoam islands were fixed in the remake the only god-awful mistake they made was making the once epic mt moon into sissytown
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#2ashcrvPosted 1/20/2013 2:04:03 PM
GSC lifeless Kanto sucked.
HGSS Kanto was better.
Deal with it bro.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#3Soanevalcke6Posted 1/20/2013 2:16:33 PM
GSC Sucked.

HGSS was the Best Pokemon Game yet, because of Music, Visuals, Themes, and Controls.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#4Infectedglore2Posted 1/20/2013 2:18:31 PM
ashcrv posted...
GSC lifeless Kanto sucked.
HGSS Kanto was better.
Deal with it bro.

This
#5BolognaSammichPosted 1/20/2013 2:19:37 PM
Why do people knock GSC for having a watered down Kanto?

The gameboy color was less powerful than an iPod. There's only so much space it can hold.
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#6WilhuffTarkinPosted 1/20/2013 2:20:45 PM
BolognaSammich posted...

The gameboy color was less powerful than an iPod. There's only so much space it can hold.

Why do people knock Gen 1 for having less content than subsequent gens?
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#7DarkFistsPosted 1/20/2013 2:24:23 PM
WilhuffTarkin posted...
BolognaSammich posted...

Why do people knock Gen 1 for having less content than subsequent gens?

Only insane people do that, though I'm not one to knock on Gen 5 either :P
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#8Godstriker8Posted 1/20/2013 3:30:48 PM
Having skipped Gen 2, I was excited to play HGSS and experience what many people thinks was the definitive pokemon games. After playing it, I realized that it was just all nostalgia talking, because Johto was easily the most forgettable reigon ive ever played. I think the problem was that Johto suffered since they included Kanto in GSC.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 1/20/2013 4:39:42 PM
Johto was way smaller than any other region. Kanto was not fit for leveling up, and i agree it felt lifeless. Didn't play the remakes.
#10FullAutoCVTPosted 1/20/2013 4:50:23 PM
I loved those games. It was my first one, so obviously Silver carries some nostalgia with me. But there was also a sense of adventure that came with the game because of leaving home and essentially being forced to travel a completely different region for a while, interacting with locals and doing whatever the heck I wanted with these new people. It also felt freer to be able to go at my own pace and do what I want without as much railroading as the games give before the E4 and no dumb Team Evil bothering me every two steps of the way or annoying missing hm . It is this sense of adventure that no other main series game has replicated (though GenV has come close with their post E4 content). Needless to say, I enjoyed the remake immensely.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1535 posts........and counting