This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it time to increase the amount of learned moves or in-party Pokemon?

#11gjdsjPosted 1/20/2013 4:35:30 PM
They should make it so that all pokemon for whom it makes sense that they can use the HM move can just use it out of battle without having to learn it. Then they can get rid of HMs. For example, all big, strong Pokemon should be able to push boulders. All pokemon with claws should be able to cut down trees, etc.
#12MagikarpRulesPosted 1/20/2013 5:47:19 PM
I would'n get my hopes too high if I were you.
#13jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 5:49:17 PM
I don't see them removing HMs from the game. The whole point is about building bonds with your Pokemon and being a team, and HMs help stress that in a way that machetes and surfboards do not.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#14Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 5:51:01 PM
jayman7 posted...
I don't see them removing HMs from the game. The whole point is about building bonds with your Pokemon and being a team, and HMs help stress that in a way that machetes and surfboards do not.

But why did they make Cut so impractical in battle? They should at least increase its power to 75 and add a chance of flinching.
#15jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 5:52:18 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
jayman7 posted...

But why did they make Cut so impractical in battle? They should at least increase its power to 75 and add a chance of flinching.

I see no problem with them updating the TMs. Just don't see them being removed.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#16QueskerPosted 1/20/2013 5:58:09 PM
Didn't they actually considered that-

reaverz posted...
Did you know they actually considered changing both those things during the development of Ruby and Sapphire, but decided the original numbers were for the best? In any case, I don't see them changing anything in the foreseeable future.

Darn it, ninja'd.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind, but only if it was a small amount.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn