This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if pokemon didn't forget moves

#1BatmanWTtPPosted 1/20/2013 4:12:29 PM
But instead remembered them and you would select 4 to use in battle. So we get rid of the move relearner >_>
---
I'll never let you win, never.
#2levelxplanePosted 1/20/2013 4:14:02 PM
Just get rid of permanent HMs >_>
---
GT: level x plane || Steam: levelxplane
Waiting for: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Dark Souls II,
#3MagikarpRulesPosted 1/20/2013 4:31:32 PM
Recycling topics every gen... gotta love this site.
#4jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 4:41:29 PM
levelxplane posted...

"I'm so glad my friend gave me this Surfing Goldeen right at the beginning of the game! Now I can explore all these watery areas I normally wouldn't be able to reach this early! So okay, here I am on this little island, battling with my Goldeen, get to learn a new move... let's replace this move! OH WAIT WHAT THAT WAS SURF!!! Okay, okay, no big deal, just use the HM on him, and... I don't have the HM. Oh no! I am forever trapped on this tiny island!"

And that is why this won't happen.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5Octaivian_RexPosted 1/20/2013 4:45:48 PM
levelxplane posted...

"I'm so glad my friend gave me this Surfing Goldeen right at the beginning of the game! Now I can explore all these watery areas I normally wouldn't be able to reach this early! So okay, here I am on this little island, battling with my Goldeen, get to learn a new move... let's replace this move! OH WAIT WHAT THAT WAS SURF!!! Okay, okay, no big deal, just use the HM on him, and... I don't have the HM. Oh no! I am forever trapped on this tiny island!"

You can't use surf until you get the Gym Badge anyway. Derp.
---
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4489/actuallyworks.gif
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 1/20/2013 4:47:49 PM
jayman7 posted...
levelxplane posted...

Badges.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#7jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 4:53:34 PM
So, you guys haven't played the fifth gen yet? HM use is no longer restricted by badge. You can Surf after the first badge, and you only even need the first because it won't let you trade until then.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8levelxplanePosted 1/20/2013 4:54:28 PM
Octaivian_Rex posted...
levelxplane posted...

You can't use surf until you get the Gym Badge anyway. Derp.

Can't use it without gym badge, but even so, you could just die, warp back to Pokemon Center and get another Pokemon that knows Surf from a trade unless it was your friend's plan all along.
---
GT: level x plane || Steam: levelxplane
Waiting for: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Dark Souls II,
#9BatmanWTtP(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 4:54:46 PM
BW got rid if the badge requirement
---
I'll never let you win, never.
#10Anticitizen97Posted 1/20/2013 4:55:15 PM
jayman7 posted...
levelxplane posted...

I think he meant HMs staying permanent as moves, not permanent as reusable. So in that scenario you could just teach Goldeen Surf again.
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 4