This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if pokemon didn't forget moves

#11Soanevalcke6Posted 1/20/2013 5:56:17 PM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
So, you guys haven't played the fifth gen yet? HM use is no longer restricted by badge. You can Surf after the first badge, and you only even need the first because it won't let you trade until then.

Generation 5 is over. What you are saying is irrelevant.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#12jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 5:57:44 PM
Anticitizen97 posted...
jayman7 posted...
levelxplane posted...
Just get rid of permanent HMs >_>

"I'm so glad my friend gave me this Surfing Goldeen right at the beginning of the game! Now I can explore all these watery areas I normally wouldn't be able to reach this early! So okay, here I am on this little island, battling with my Goldeen, get to learn a new move... let's replace this move! OH WAIT WHAT THAT WAS SURF!!! Okay, okay, no big deal, just use the HM on him, and... I don't have the HM. Oh no! I am forever trapped on this tiny island!"

And that is why this won't happen.

I think he meant HMs staying permanent as moves, not permanent as reusable. So in that scenario you could just teach Goldeen Surf again.

Read more closely next time.

Soanevalcke6 posted...
jayman7 posted...
So, you guys haven't played the fifth gen yet? HM use is no longer restricted by badge. You can Surf after the first badge, and you only even need the first because it won't let you trade until then.

Yeah, going backward is exactly what we should do.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13Soanevalcke6Posted 1/20/2013 5:59:27 PM
jayman7 posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
jayman7 posted...

How is that Going backwards exactly?
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
#14ProIoguePosted 1/20/2013 6:01:46 PM
jayman7 posted...

Fixing something that they broke is considered going backwards? Wat? WAT!?
---
First Outside Inside Last
#15jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 6:03:32 PM
Removing an arbitrary restriction isn't "breaking". It's "fixing". -_-

Besides, you're still rarely required to pick up HMs, even in the games that have badge requirements. Sometimes, they're well-hidden.
---
#16Soanevalcke6Posted 1/20/2013 6:05:05 PM
jayman7 posted...
Removing an arbitrary restriction isn't "breaking". It's "fixing". -_-

It's not Arbitrary if it actually does something now. Prevents people from using surf before they're supposed to.
---
#17iGenesisPosted 1/20/2013 6:05:41 PM
Recycling topics every gen... gotta love this site.

Maybe it's because Game Freak never changes their rigid s***ty 17-year-old formula?
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#18jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 6:13:19 PM
Amazing. In nearly every single topic in all of ever that I've seen on the subject on GameFAQs, I see fans insisting that they want their games to be less linear. And when the fifth gen introduces a bit of non-linearity to the series - even if obscure - I see people saying that it's "broken" and should go back to the old system just so they can excuse their opinions on HMs, which would be by far more difficult to implement.
---
#19ProIoguePosted 1/20/2013 6:34:05 PM
jayman7 posted...
Amazing. In nearly every single topic in all of ever that I've seen on the subject on GameFAQs, I see fans insisting that they want their games to be less linear. And when the fifth gen introduces a bit of non-linearity to the series - even if obscure - I see people saying that it's "broken" and should go back to the old system just so they can excuse their opinions on HMs, which would be by far more difficult to implement.

Did you just call Generation 5, The Generation that halts your progress every time you try to do ONE thing out of order, less Linear than Generation 1-4, that Let you do many things out of order?
---
First Outside Inside Last
#20jayman7Posted 1/21/2013 12:05:00 AM
ProIogue posted...
jayman7 posted...

Did you just call Generation 5, The Generation that halts your progress every time you try to do ONE thing out of order, less Linear than Generation 1-4, that Let you do many things out of order?

No, I didn't. I said that, in spite of the railroading the plot may throw at you, the fifth gen nonetheless removed one railroading aspect that has been around since the first gen.
---