This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DLC idea

#1Satoshi_Da_ZePosted 1/20/2013 5:12:08 PM
Since Nintendo wants to keep certain hand-outs/promo exclusive to people who attend to certain live events that only take place in few locations in the world... Why not use DLC to allow people to get those things even if they're unable to attend to the events?

Basically people who went to the events or did the exclusive promos would still get the free stuff. But a month or two later Nintendo could release that same content as a DLC that isn't free. People who attended would't be screwed up, and the people who could't wouldn't be left out forever. Instead they would have to deal with paying for it.

This would NOT affect the online events where we already get free stuff. This would only apply to events tied to live conventions, anime promo, movies, etc, which end up only applying to a minority of the players.
---
GameFAQs GET DA ZE!
-OOC-
#2jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 5:14:16 PM
No.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Satoshi_Da_Ze(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 5:18:27 PM
jayman7 posted...
No.

Of course not.
You'd rather hack/AR your way through in case a Pokémon is exclusive.
---
GameFAQs GET DA ZE!
-OOC-
#4jayman7Posted 1/20/2013 5:19:50 PM
I am against the concept of paid DLC thoroughly. Anything that lets it get its foot in the door - even if it's something that's free to certain players - is going to get a "No." from me.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5StreethawkePosted 1/20/2013 5:21:53 PM
jayman7 posted...
I am against the concept of paid DLC thoroughly. Anything that lets it get its foot in the door - even if it's something that's free to certain players - is going to get a "No." from me.

This. Times a million.
---
Flight is freedom. Break the sky.