This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What evil team do you want to face in the game?

#1Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/20/2013 6:24:46 PM
Y'know, like Team Plasma and etc..

I'd vouch for Team Drapery/Curtains, so when one of their grunts encounter you, they can say, "It's curtains for you and your Pokemon!"

Alternatively, Team Lamp can say "Allow me to enlighten you by stealing your Pokemon!" They could wear some stupid-looking lamp shades for masks. Bonus points if they could work light bulbs into the design.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#2MrMahoPosted 1/20/2013 6:28:26 PM
Team Wind - "Allow me to blow you and your Pokemon out of this universe!" Male grunts would wear clothing with fans all over and female grunts would wear a dress of fans.

Gaga would be proud...
#3VoidBeyondPosted 1/20/2013 6:30:04 PM
Team Axis, they'll turn your world upside down.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#4Kumori_no_Yoru(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:32:23 PM
Team Axis, they'll turn your world upside down.

I admit, that got out a giggle out of me.
---
#5gamester_12345Posted 1/20/2013 6:33:21 PM
I elect Team Helix.

A group of genetic imperialists, trying to set out at manipulating and extinguishing genepools in the attempt to hack into the Human genome, to grant humans the ability to be so much more....

Think about it, Humans and Pokemon was stated to be one and the same in the Sinnoh Myths, somehow along the line, Humans distanced themselves and seen them as distinct entities with what little they know about Pokemon at the time form the basis of their culture, using the information they gathered from them to produce technological advances for themselves. (using Conkelldurr as semi-evidence, mostly because they taught humans how to make concrete)

Plus in a universe such as Pokemon where there's no gunpowder, yet there are powerful creatures...and Humans that has Telekinetic powers seems odd against the rest of it, would it be much of a stretch to claim that Human psychic abilities are recessive?

Basically if it does go down that way, i totally hope that the main Boss becomes some sort of warped Pokemon Facsimilie, possibly even something that could be caught, because it says a lot to catch something that was a being that was "unique" at one time to become so numerous....

...just look at the Dragon Quest Monster series, where most high end boss monsters are references to the series bosses, most of which are individual characters.. (Doesn't explain why Baalzak (think that's his name) looks like a recolored Psaro the Manslayer...the remake was on the DS, he's new, there should be no reason for saving space with a recolor, unsure if he appeared in Joker 2 however)
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief
#6Kumori_no_Yoru(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:39:19 PM
That does sound pretty interesting, particularly the idea of capturing something truly unique.

Sadly I didn't play that many DQ games, but I've been told that DQM is worth checking out.
---
#7gamester_12345Posted 1/20/2013 7:01:50 PM(edited)
I thought the leader would desire human progress, in reality he feels constricted by his own body for his own ambitions, he tries to become something powerful and unique....but became something "common", Humans and Pokemon are unique, but becoming catchable just makes him a tool for someone elses goals.

The whole telekinesis thing is still a little bit iffy to me.

EDIT: Kadabra's Pokedex Entries that sorta stands out...

"It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra. " - Fire Red
"It is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers." - Emerald

FireRed's sounded too similar to the Twilight Zone.

But the DQM series is alright, i'd probably consider 2 the strongest out of the GB/GBA ones, never played Caravan Heart...though the Joker series is pretty hard, if difficult in some aspects.

BIG DQ Monsters: Joker spoiler Dr Snap was researching the Incarnus for evolution...or something, dunno of the details, but he totally evolved into a monster that we dub Dr Snapped...though we don't catch that one, we can breed one using the complex breeding system, that puts his uniqueness into debatable territory
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief