This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New ability for Flygon?

#11Shadow_CharzardPosted 1/20/2013 8:54:05 PM
Gotta have dat Levitate to avoid the super-effective Ground-type moves...!

+1 Tinted Lens
#12snuffles504Posted 1/20/2013 8:55:43 PM
willingmess posted...
I never paid attention before and never realized MAGNEMITE DOESN'T HAVE LEVITATE! Mind = blown

I always have to remind myself of this when battling one.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#13abcDSBTPosted 1/20/2013 9:28:58 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
Yeah he actually gets a niche that way being the only special based set up dragon

But Flygons special movepool isn't exactly stellar.
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
#14reaverzPosted 1/20/2013 9:32:08 PM
abcDSBT posted...
Levitate IS the reason it didn't get Tinted Lens. With the exception of Bronzong, NO Pokemon with Levitate has gotten another ability.

Why? I have no idea.

Probably because Levitate is considered an essential part of those Pokemon's design. I know it's inconsistent with stuff like Magnezone, Volcarona, etc., but if a Pokemon isn't given an ability other than Levitate, then it means that it's supposed to always float.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#15RX0megaPosted 1/20/2013 11:19:21 PM
abcDSBT posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
Yeah he actually gets a niche that way being the only special based set up dragon

But Flygons special movepool isn't exactly stellar.

Roost, Quiver Dance, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power. Seems like a neat moveset to me. It also has Hidden Power and Flamethrower/Heat Wave for coverage, as well as Signal Beam.

It's not amazing, I grant you, but Volcarona is an absolute monster even with just a recovery move, Quiver Dance, and two STAB attacks. With that moveset very few things could wall it, and those few things could be dealt with through HP.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.