This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There should be gay protagonists.

#351sinfulGrimoirePosted 2/3/2013 4:14:41 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
MegaWentEvil posted...
It's just another excuse for them to hate us, actually.

I know, it surely didn't help me when I used to be homophobic...

I'm sorry, but are you assuming that I'm homophobic? Sorry, but I did mention several posts ago that I, myself, am gay.

PLOT TWIST

How is that a twist when I mentioned it half an hour ago?
#352AuroraSonicBeamPosted 2/3/2013 4:17:42 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
MegaWentEvil posted...
It's just another excuse for them to hate us, actually.

I know, it surely didn't help me when I used to be homophobic...

I'm sorry, but are you assuming that I'm homophobic? Sorry, but I did mention several posts ago that I, myself, am gay.

PLOT TWIST

How is that a twist when I mentioned it half an hour ago?

Hence the irony, angry bird.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#353sinfulGrimoirePosted 2/3/2013 4:19:25 PM

How is it ironic? Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I should agree with everything every other gay person on the planet says.
#354AuroraSonicBeamPosted 2/3/2013 4:24:48 PM(edited)
sinfulGrimoire posted...

How is it ironic? Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I should agree with everything every other gay person on the planet says.

Lol, that wasn't even close to what I was referring to. You specifically said you mentioned it several posts ago and I posted as if you just revealed it. I feigned ignorance.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#355KryptoPyro13Posted 2/3/2013 5:15:38 PM
JuliafanAM posted...
Twilight's right. There are ton of couple and date battlers (straight) as well as husband and wives in the games. Misty's even on a date while you're looking to battle her. Not to mention numerous subtle flirting quotes from female NPCs.

So yeah, there is sexuality in Pokemon.

There are also the two creepy guys in the alley and a biker and his buddy you battle... *runs*
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Iwata: "Betrayal that makes the fans happy!"
#356xyzlacticPosted 2/3/2013 6:29:56 PM
i want my protagonist to have *** with marshall

so hot!
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#357Twilight_SonataPosted 2/3/2013 11:21:43 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
think they should be represented in a special way

Nobody in this topic who isn't a troll is asking for gays to be represented in a special way, just in the same way as straight people are, with a random NPC every once in a while that mentions his husband or her girlfriend or something, nothing big even.

As a homosexual man, I have to say, I would probably -stop- playing Pokemon if they introduced any obviously gay characters. Because, unless the main character...

I'm gonna stop you right there to repeat, yet again, that nobody in this thread who isn't trolling actually wants a gay primary character. The protagonist has always been a blank slate, and so it should remain.

sinfulGrimoire posted...
Do you see heterosexuals have "Straight Pride" parades? Hell to the no, because nobody cares.

Exactly, because nobody cares. Straight Pride doesn't exist because it doesn't need to, because straight people aren't constantly discriminated against or ignored, because straight people don't have to worried about being fired or assaulted or killed for being straight. There would be no point to Straight Pride because it would be unnecessary.
You're clearly one of those gays with a hell of a lot of internalized homophobia, which is very sad, but I'm not going to treat you any differently for being homophobic just because you're gay than I would if you were straight.

We've been offered chances to have the same rights as everyone else, but because they used a different word than "marriage", we didn't accept it.

"Separate But Equal" is not equal rights.

MegaWentEvil posted...
you're ALL hypocrites for not believing sexism is bigotry and disgusting the same way as homophobia.

What makes you think we don't?
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#358AuroraSonicBeamPosted 2/3/2013 11:26:13 PM
Exactly, because nobody cares. Straight Pride doesn't exist because it doesn't need to, because straight people aren't constantly discriminated against or ignored, because straight people don't have to worried about being fired or assaulted or killed for being straight. There would be no point to Straight Pride because it would be unnecessary.
You're clearly one of those gays with a hell of a lot of internalized homophobia, which is very sad, but I'm not going to treat you any differently for being homophobic just because you're gay than I would if you were straight.

I'm gonna go old school on this one: PWNED
---
#359Twilight_SonataPosted 2/3/2013 11:31:50 PM(edited)
sinfulGrimoire posted...
I think there's a major difference between celebrating your heritage and your ancestors, and celebrating what gender you enjoy having sex with. It is absolutely nowhere near the same concept. Parades for specific nationalities don't consist of men wearing nothing but an extremely small speedo making suggestive gestures as they walk down the middle of a street, showing off their junk to everyone, including children. Pride Parades are vulgar and disgusting, imo.

You have a very warped image of what Pride Parades are. What you're describing right there is what a very small portion of the community does at Pride Parades. Essentially, you're just clinging to another internalized homophobic stereotype. This is especially true when you consider how Pride Parades vary regionally. I've been to Pride Festivals where a good 90% of the attendance was by perfectly modestly-dressed people out to have some good, old-fashioned family fun, and yet the newspaper still pics the picture of the guy wearing nothing but a speedo making love to a giant teddy bear in the street.

sinfulGrimoire posted...

You can be both. In fact, you clearly are. Saying "I'm not like those other gay people." is exactly as bad as when your racist uncle refers to your black friend as "one of the good ones". Somebody's being put on a pedestal as an exception above the undesirable norm.

---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#360jneal57Posted 2/3/2013 11:31:01 PM
1. I'm gay and i think this topic is dumb as ****

2. look at you sorry people arguing about this stupid topic some in the closet troll made. the character doesn't talk or express him/her self because s/he is an extension of you in the Pokemon world. if you want MC to be gay...let MC be gay. just don't don't going crying on the gamefaq boards when your MC doesn't do **** about the sexuality you gave him/her.

3. you people make me feel good about myself really, 370 something comments?
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=955240