This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate Iris so much!

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 1/20/2013 9:19:32 PM
She felt like a stupid girl who likes to boss and treated Ash like a noob. IMO, D/P anime was pretty good, BW kinda ruined the Pokemon Anime.
---
Help me ban the most hated user on GameFAQS.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#2javel34Posted 1/20/2013 9:20:12 PM
I hate her too, they should give her a Sunflora to make her even more worthless.
---
Black2 FC: 0519 5089 8733
#3DesulatedPosted 1/20/2013 9:21:08 PM
It's the fact she caught a Dragonite without even trying that warrants for all that hate (which she truly deserves).
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
League of Legends username: Lati0s
#4LexifoxPosted 1/20/2013 9:21:09 PM
I think she's an entertaining and adorable character.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5mondrae205Posted 1/20/2013 9:21:25 PM
I can't believe you lasted this long on the anime.
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
Official Arceus of pokemon X board
#6LexifoxPosted 1/20/2013 9:21:27 PM
Desulated posted...
It's the fact she caught a Dragonite without even trying that warrants for all that hate (which she truly deserves).

Explain why she needs to be hated for that.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7LightningAce11Posted 1/20/2013 9:21:40 PM
Ash is a noob. She just points it out.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#8DesulatedPosted 1/20/2013 9:25:41 PM
Lexifox posted...
Desulated posted...

Explain why she needs to be hated for that.

I dunno, a Pokemon that is probably extremely difficult to catch and could be done by her without even breaking a sweat is enough to warrant her as one heck of an overpowered Sue. And we all know Ash is a loser with no chances for redemption, but couldn't it be at least him to own a Dragonite? 5 gens and he hasn't caught a pseudo, except for Gible (but he never evolved the damn thing).

But let's just go with the fact that the writers are too lazy. Then, when were they actually trying to come up with something good?
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
League of Legends username: Lati0s
#9IrisVilePosted 1/20/2013 9:27:21 PM
Oh, that Iris.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#10LexifoxPosted 1/20/2013 9:31:00 PM
Desulated posted...
I dunno, a Pokemon that is probably extremely difficult to catch and could be done by her without even breaking a sweat is enough to warrant her as one heck of an overpowered Sue.

The anime has established Iris as coming from the Village of Dragons, where people live alongside dragons and bond with them, to the point where it is a rite of passage to train and evolve a dragon. Several episodes put emphasis on her ability to communicate with and share feelings with dragons.

Iris simply used this to talk to Dragonite and get it to accept her as a trainer, and there is nothing Sueish about that, particularly because of how it behaves in battle.

And we all know Ash is a loser with no chances for redemption, but couldn't it be at least him to own a Dragonite? 5 gens and he hasn't caught a pseudo, except for Gible (but he never evolved the damn thing).

"Pseudo" doesn't mean anything in the anime, and thematically it's more appropriate for Iris to have gotten the Dragonite.

But let's just go with the fact that the writers are too lazy. Then, when were they actually trying to come up with something good?

Lazy for setting up Iris as the kind of character with the potential to do something, and then firing off that Chekov instead of saying, "And then Ash fights it and catches it like every other catch in the series"?
---