This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about version exclusives (not what they will be, obviously)

#1Noblesse_ObligePosted 1/21/2013 2:56:31 PM
I've never been a serious enough fan to play through a japanese version of the game in advance of the US release; a few weeks before the new games come out, I pick a version and reserve it based on my exclusive pokemon/environment preferences.

So, since this is the first universal release, I guess my question is, has Japan (since they previously got the games first) had advance knowledge of version exclusives before the games come out? Is it reasonable to assume I will know what is what before release? I don't think I'd actually mind if it was a surprise, it could muster some of my childhood nostalgia from my first pokemon experience if I just went in blind.

Perhaps I should avoid game related news.
#2AlphaDiamondPosted 1/21/2013 3:17:37 PM
right now, there isn't much difference about what japanese, americans and europeans know about this game. probably, because of the different ways they have to receive information (pokemon smash, corocoro, etc), they can get some information before us, but probably we will get it just after that

i think all the people in the world will have the same information before playing the games
#3DracovianPosted 1/21/2013 3:24:16 PM
TC, I guarantee we will know most there is to know about the game before release even if it is the same WW. The media always get advanced copies or someone from Nintendo will leak info about it on some forums.

I just want to know version exclusives to decide which one to get. Until then I will reserve both just in case.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#4xPhoenixWrightxPosted 1/21/2013 3:24:44 PM
I think that he's asking is like when Diamond and Pearl was coming out in Japan. (I while before here) Did the Japanese people know which games had which exclusives?
---
Objection!
http://tinyurl.com/c7eeoug
#5DracovianPosted 1/21/2013 3:59:25 PM
xPhoenixWrightx posted...
I think that he's asking is like when Diamond and Pearl was coming out in Japan. (I while before here) Did the Japanese people know which games had which exclusives?

Yes. The guides come out before the games and like I said ever since the advent of the internet it always leaks.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#6Noblesse_Oblige(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:01:16 PM
Ah, the guides. Leaks are a pretty obvious source as well. Anywho, thanks for replies everyone. Happy waiting.