This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The main character should stay with their Dad this gen

#1XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 1/21/2013 5:01:53 PM
Also the MC's mom should be a gym leader, champion, or Frontier Brain
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#2LotrMorgothPosted 1/21/2013 5:04:09 PM
take a bath hippie!

this should be rated M pokemon where our character starts off in a haunted and emotionally abusive foster home
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#3NanaboboPosted 1/21/2013 5:05:43 PM
Mother disappeared two years before the game started. You learn all the great things she did as a trainer. Everyone holds you up to her standard, and you let down people through the plot. Despite beating all the gym leaders and trainers you meet, no one respects you until the climax of the plot. With people finally rooting for you, you are able to beat the Elite Four and continue your journey to the top of a mountain... Where your mother waits to battle you. Upon beating her it is obvious that it was inevitable you'd succeed. It's in your DNA.
---
White FC: 1034 0534 2444
#4Emerald_FlashPosted 1/21/2013 5:05:59 PM
Honestly, this would be a welcome change. I am a firm believer in the saying, "If it's not broken, don't fix it," but I would love to see a little variation in the formula. It would even be nice to see the MC not living with family, but for some reason I cant see that happening.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#5XxMahnaMahnaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 5:09:49 PM
I just want them to get away from the deadbeat dad/single mom dynamic they've had in literally every other game (except Gen 3; Norman wasn't really a dead beat, I guess)
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#6Twilight_SonataPosted 1/21/2013 5:14:14 PM
I think this would be cool. Having the character live with their dad instead of their mom and having the character's mom as the champion would be amazing.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#7VoidBeyondPosted 1/21/2013 5:18:43 PM
XxMahnaMahnaxX posted...
I just want them to get away from the deadbeat dad/single mom dynamic they've had in literally every other game (except Gen 3; Norman wasn't really a dead beat, I guess)

I bet gym leaders get paid good money, his family moved to Hoenn to make his work easier.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#8TehKrimboElfPosted 1/21/2013 5:53:03 PM
Nanabobo posted...
Mother disappeared two years before the game started. You learn all the great things she did as a trainer. Everyone holds you up to her standard, and you let down people through the plot. Despite beating all the gym leaders and trainers you meet, no one respects you until the climax of the plot. With people finally rooting for you, you are able to beat the Elite Four and continue your journey to the top of a mountain... Where your mother waits to battle you. Upon beating her it is obvious that it was inevitable you'd succeed. It's in your DNA.

Oh ****. I like the delivery of the last bit haha.
---
The official Surt of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
White 2 FC: 2581 1170 0989
#9XEvent-HorizonXPosted 1/21/2013 5:58:05 PM
Nanabobo posted...

For some reason I kept thinking of Atelier Totori.
---
http://i.imgur.com/frrUJmM.gif
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 1/21/2013 6:08:11 PM
Nanabobo posted...

Sounds familiar.
*coughG/S/Ccough*
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn