This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think some HMs can be replaced by items.

#1Ki_cat_Posted 1/22/2013 1:13:25 AM
Surf, Fly, Waterfall and a couple of other HMs are decent but we should get to use items besides a bike. It's not very "Pokemon" but we won't need HM slaves. The moves could exist as hidden TMs or something.

I was thinking to replace some TMs/HMs with items. Who really uses Flash? The move can still exist in a dark cave somewhere but might as well give your character a flashlight or a pickaxe instead of wasting a move slot for Rock Smash...

Alternatively, Gamefreak can sort of...BUFF the moves a bit. Either outcome would make me happy.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#2sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/22/2013 1:15:37 AM
Umm... HMs -are- items. >.> Just saying.
#3Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:16:41 AM
Yeah, I know. You also know very well what I meant. If not, I am sorry. We cannot speak anymore.
---
#4sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/22/2013 1:17:13 AM
Why does an item need to be replaced by a different item? Keep them the way they are. There's absolutely no need to change them.
#5lazycomplifePosted 1/22/2013 1:20:51 AM
Ki_cat_ posted...
Yeah, I know. You also know very well what I meant. If not, I am sorry. We cannot speak anymore.

lol ^_^
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#6GTRagnarokPosted 1/22/2013 1:27:59 AM
I think it's a good idea, but HMs have been so embedded that it would be such a fundamental change. I hate having to use HM slaves, but honestly I wouldn't have a full 6 Pokemon roster for battle anyway. It's an outdated aspect of Pokemon, but it's something I can live with.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#7Robot_SoopaPosted 1/22/2013 1:28:32 AM
Pokemon that are capable of these attacks should just ALWAYS be able to use them outside battle.

Every Water Pokemon should be able to surf, dive and scale watefalls.

Pokemon capable of a certain level of strength (Maybe tied to Attack?) should be able to move boulders.

Pokemon with claws of some sort should be able to cut things.

You don't throw a water Pokemon in the water only to watch it drown because you didn't shove a CD down its throat.
#8Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:30:00 AM
I just feel the more useless moves can be replaced (but still in the game as a hidden item in some cave) by items. Why not? You ride a bike to move faster instead of mounting Pokemon and teaching them a useless HM called Dash.

It'd just be more useful to get a pickaxe and flashlight by now. I'm not sure about much else. Humans can't do much about whirlpools.
---
#9thatmovingbushPosted 1/22/2013 1:30:41 AM
I would rather have pokemon that can learn certain HMs be able to use them outside of battle without taking up a move spot.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#10xFalconPunchPosted 1/22/2013 1:32:05 AM
I agree