This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When pokemon use thunder

#1AlexxPBPosted 1/22/2013 6:45:44 AM
Is it like a real lightning coming down from the clouds or is it like a spell like that guy from Final Fantasy?

'Cuz you know...Surviving a real lightning strike is rather uncommon.
---
"Hey, talking to people at another table in a restaurant is like...breaking into their room and checking their drawers for valuables."
#2RunebogglePosted 1/22/2013 6:49:41 AM
It's electricity generated by the pokemon's body.
---
Si || Everyone dies. It is how one lives that matters.
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 1/22/2013 6:50:30 AM
The odds of dying from a lightning bolt are about the same as dying from falling out of bed.
Surviving divine judgement from a god... That's somethin'.
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
#4YoyokuKOPosted 1/22/2013 6:52:09 AM
thunder strikes downward...or something.
something about positive electrodes on the ground
#5pikachupwnagePosted 1/22/2013 6:52:13 AM
AlexxPB posted...
Is it like a real lightning coming down from the clouds or is it like a spell like that guy from Final Fantasy?

Err actually its quite common to survive a lightning strike.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#6AlexxPB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:00:54 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
AlexxPB posted...

Err actually its quite common to survive a lightning strike.

Yeah I just found this to back you up:

"Most people would assume that almost all a lightning strike leaves behind is a small pile of ashes. In fact, dying from a lighting strike is relatively uncommon. Mary Ann Cooper, a professor of medicine at the University of Chicago, estimates that nine out of 10 people struck by lightning survive."

We learn something new everyday, I guess.
---
"Hey, talking to people at another table in a restaurant is like...breaking into their room and checking their drawers for valuables."
#7UmuruPosted 1/22/2013 7:28:18 AM
I could have sworn that I had read the most damaging part of lightning is to your nerves and not actually to any external things.
#8matt-nicklinPosted 1/22/2013 7:39:07 AM
But thunder is a sound
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
Black 2 FC 5115 1478 8907