This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Hated Generation.

#101GiftedACIIIPosted 1/24/2013 6:07:19 PM
Coop14 posted...

IN MY OPINION

Also nice new account ;)

This is my main.
#102Bronze_StuffPosted 1/24/2013 9:52:36 PM
For all the people talking about how the glitches still make the game "playable" and "doesn't ruin the core experience" the main bug to be mentioned is ghost getting owned by psychics which not good at all. Not to mention stuff like Blizzard perma-freeze crap and wrap preventing opponents from attacking, all completely broken stuff that was much improved in later generations.

Which isn't a bug. It's an oversight. Ghost don't resist Psychic, and all of the Ghost are part poison. You should really learn the type advantages before you call that a bug. The ghost should take SE damage because Poison < Psychic.

Wrap isn't that bad. You have 20 PP, and it's a weak move. Plus you need to be fast to use it. Perma freeze...? What?
---
Jimbo.
#103GiftedACIIIPosted 1/24/2013 9:56:38 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
For all the people talking about how the glitches still make the game "playable" and "doesn't ruin the core experience" the main bug to be mentioned is ghost getting owned by psychics which not good at all. Not to mention stuff like Blizzard perma-freeze crap and wrap preventing opponents from attacking, all completely broken stuff that was much improved in later generations.

Which isn't a bug. It's an oversight. Ghost don't resist Psychic, and all of the Ghost are part poison. You should really learn the type advantages before you call that a bug. The ghost should take SE damage because Poison < Psychic.

Wrap isn't that bad. You have 20 PP, and it's a weak move. Plus you need to be fast to use it. Perma freeze...? What?

Ghosts getting owned as in Ghost 'don't hurt psychic when everything in the game leads to Ghost is SE over psychic. And stop finding tiny excuses for everything. I can excuse everything you say bad about anything. Wrap is still annoying and broken in Gen 1 and Gen II still fixed it. You don't know about freeze being permanent? Maybe you should look up the gen 1 status effects
#104Rose_MagePosted 1/24/2013 9:57:35 PM
Generation III.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#105Bronze_StuffPosted 1/24/2013 10:07:25 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...

Ghosts getting owned as in Ghost 'don't hurt psychic when everything in the game leads to Ghost is SE over psychic. And stop finding tiny excuses for everything. I can excuse everything you say bad about anything. Wrap is still annoying and broken in Gen 1 and Gen II still fixed it. You don't know about freeze being permanent? Maybe you should look up the gen 1 status effects

No it doesn't. That was "everything in the anime." The game says "Ghost SE" against Psychic. It's an oversight. There aren't any ghost that aren't poison in the original, and there aren't any ghost moves besides night shade and it does fixed damage. It's a problem, but it's not a glitch. And there was cures for Ice. It's not permanent.
---
Jimbo.
#106Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 10:09:59 PM
And you're still not describing bugs while also ignoring the fact that not all of Gen II's "improvements" improved in ways that were desirable to all.
#107GiftedACIIIPosted 1/25/2013 4:25:46 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...

No it doesn't. That was "everything in the anime." The game says "Ghost SE" against Psychic. It's an oversight. There aren't any ghost that aren't poison in the original, and there aren't any ghost moves besides night shade and it does fixed damage. It's a problem, but it's not a glitch. And there was cures for Ice. It's not permanent.

Now you're just grasping here. And no, I actually thought of putting "not just the anime" but I thought you weren't ignorant enough to say that. 3 reasons: there was a Saffron citizen who tells you Psychic types were weak to bugs and ghosts, the type chart shows ghost>psychic and the ingame code itself shows it was a bug. And no cure for ice when its a one on one player match. Who the hell cares about the NPC? The NPC are dumber than a box of bricks.

And you're still not describing bugs while also ignoring the fact that not all of Gen II's "improvements" improved in ways that were desirable to all.

I don't need to explain why Gen II is better than Gen I. Just ask anyone who isn't blinded by nostalgia goggles. Oh and you haven't provided ANY argument thus far but "NO IT I'ZNT. Don't have any words to say? Seriously, go and tell me how Gen I was good in any way and I can say LOLNO too.
#108ecylisPosted 1/25/2013 4:32:15 AM
V > IV > I > II > III

Gen III is bad.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.
#109KAMMYqueenPosted 1/25/2013 4:34:08 AM
gen 4
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#110Bronze_StuffPosted 1/25/2013 6:26:52 AM(edited)
Now you're just grasping here. And no, I actually thought of putting "not just the anime" but I thought you weren't ignorant enough to say that. 3 reasons: there was a Saffron citizen who tells you Psychic types were weak to bugs and ghosts, the type chart shows ghost>psychic and the ingame code itself shows it was a bug. And no cure for ice when its a one on one player match. Who the hell cares about the NPC? The NPC are dumber than a box of bricks.

Yeah, one guy tells you that Psychics are weak to bugs and ghost. AND THEY ARE. It's just that there are NO GHOST TYPE MOVES IN THE GAME EXCEPT NIGHT SHADE, WHICH DOES FIXED DAMAGE. That is an oversight, not a glitch. The anime is the only thing that actually implies that ghost beat the hell out of psychics. A glitch requires something to not be working how it should. There's nothing about this not working how it should. In G/S/C, Gengar still takes SE damage from psychic moves. The difference? There are actually ghost type moves that don't do fixed damage. Also, the game tells you pretty much every major type advantage as well.

Which again, is an oversight. It's not a bug. If you'll notice, all status effects that have cures in this game last forever except sleep. Sleep is the only one that you can recover from naturally. Ice can actually be cured without items too. You have to be hit by fire. But the enemy would have to hit you with fire... Oh whoops. Yeah, it's an oversight, not a bug.

The difference between a bug and oversight are huge, and I don't think you're getting them. So before you start calling people ignorant, perhaps you should check your own facts first.
---
Jimbo.