This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Hated Generation.

#111PolimarioPosted 1/25/2013 6:30:52 AM
In This Argument: Lick doesn't exist.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#112banana360Posted 1/25/2013 6:36:51 AM
Enferolunos posted...
4. I hated Sinnoh, one fourth of the pokemon were evolutions I didn't like of pokemon I didn't like, most of the legendaries were ugly, very few of the pokemon were good IMO, it ruined contests and the battle frontier. Although I did like HGSS.

This.
---
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice
#113SR71haloPosted 1/25/2013 7:57:48 AM(edited)
Gen III

Hoenn was kind of boring (especially towards the end), it had the worst rival in the series, didn't care for some of the newer Pokemon, I hated the Mach bike and how it kept having to go all the way back and switch for it in certain areas, the music was bad, and the phone mechanic was even worse than the previous generation.

I loved FR/LG though. I'm surprised to see Gen IV winning, it's my favorite so far.
---
Now Leave!
#114sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/25/2013 7:21:02 AM
lol @ people saying Generation 1 is bland and uninspired. I mean, hello, it was the FIRST generation. Did you expect it to be the most amazing thing ever? I hate anything past 4th gen.
#115LandscapeManXPosted 1/25/2013 7:27:59 AM
Gen 4.

Why? Not that many new Pokemon.
Unnecessary evolutions of older Pokemon's, that also look extremely hideous.
Cliché Game names like Diamond/Peal... Dude wears a lame Beret.
Pokemon that control Space & Time,... A Pokemon based on God >_>
etc.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#116sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/25/2013 7:31:09 AM
LandscapeManX posted...
Gen 4.

Why? Not that many new Pokemon.
Unnecessary evolutions of older Pokemon's, that also look extremely hideous.
Cliché Game names like Diamond/Peal... Dude wears a lame Beret.
Pokemon that control Space & Time,... A Pokemon based on God >_>
etc.

106 new Pokemon isn't enough? Yeah, it was the smallest Generation so far, but I think that's a good thing. New Pokemon need to stop being made.

I'll give you the unnecessary and hideous evolutions, but eh, they had to do something.

Diamond and Pearl are cliche... but Red and Blue are totally amazing? Gold and Silver are genius, right? Ruby and Sapphire are just the most inspired and original names ever.

In first generation, Mew was considered the "God" of Pokemon.
#117GiftedACIIIPosted 1/25/2013 7:37:00 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Now you're just grasping here. And no, I actually thought of putting "not just the anime" but I thought you weren't ignorant enough to say that. 3 reasons: there was a Saffron citizen who tells you Psychic types were weak to bugs and ghosts, the type chart shows ghost>psychic and the ingame code itself shows it was a bug. And no cure for ice when its a one on one player match. Who the hell cares about the NPC? The NPC are dumber than a box of bricks.

Yeah, one guy tells you that Psychics are weak to bugs and ghost. AND THEY ARE. It's just that there are NO GHOST TYPE MOVES IN THE GAME EXCEPT NIGHT SHADE, WHICH DOES FIXED DAMAGE. That is an oversight, not a glitch. The anime is the only thing that actually implies that ghost beat the hell out of psychics. A glitch requires something to not be working how it should. There's nothing about this not working how it should. In G/S/C, Gengar still takes SE damage from psychic moves. The difference? There are actually ghost type moves that don't do fixed damage. Also, the game tells you pretty much every major type advantage as well.

Which again, is an oversight. It's not a bug. If you'll notice, all status effects that have cures in this game last forever except sleep. Sleep is the only one that you can recover from naturally. Ice can actually be cured without items too. You have to be hit by fire. But the enemy would have to hit you with fire... Oh whoops. Yeah, it's an oversight, not a bug.

The difference between a bug and oversight are huge, and I don't think you're getting them. So before you start calling people ignorant, perhaps you should check your own facts first.

Lick lick lick lick lick lick lick lick, do I have to repeat myself? Lick lick lick lick lick lick. The attack sucking is irrelevant. Seriously, you're ignorant of you own favorite gen. Why am I arguing with someone who has no idea what theyre talking about? There's nothing that can be gained from arguing with someone who's clearly blinded to logic. And of course you'd know nothing about balance, the other status that dont cure don't permanently disable your
Pokemon.

This thread proves that 99% of pokemon fans are children and nostalgia fanboys (bane of video game industry) who clearly have no idea what they're talking about
#118flamesaber111Posted 1/25/2013 7:42:30 AM
Gen IV. Diamond and Pearl were slow to the point of almost driving me crazy, and as awesome as Platinum and the G/S remakes were, they didn't make up for it.
---
Manga that everyone should read: Fairy Tail
#119Ari917Posted 1/25/2013 8:00:35 AM(edited)
sinfulGrimoire posted...

106 new Pokemon isn't enough? Yeah, it was the smallest Generation so far, but I think that's a good thing. New Pokemon need to stop being made.

Lets be quite honest here, if they stopped making new Pokemon the series would lose a lot of its appeal to most of the general audience.
#120Bronze_StuffPosted 1/25/2013 10:21:42 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Now you're just grasping here. And no, I actually thought of putting "not just the anime" but I thought you weren't ignorant enough to say that. 3 reasons: there was a Saffron citizen who tells you Psychic types were weak to bugs and ghosts, the type chart shows ghost>psychic and the ingame code itself shows it was a bug. And no cure for ice when its a one on one player match. Who the hell cares about the NPC? The NPC are dumber than a box of bricks.

Yeah, one guy tells you that Psychics are weak to bugs and ghost. AND THEY ARE. It's just that there are NO GHOST TYPE MOVES IN THE GAME EXCEPT NIGHT SHADE, WHICH DOES FIXED DAMAGE. That is an oversight, not a glitch. The anime is the only thing that actually implies that ghost beat the hell out of psychics. A glitch requires something to not be working how it should. There's nothing about this not working how it should. In G/S/C, Gengar still takes SE damage from psychic moves. The difference? There are actually ghost type moves that don't do fixed damage. Also, the game tells you pretty much every major type advantage as well.

Which again, is an oversight. It's not a bug. If you'll notice, all status effects that have cures in this game last forever except sleep. Sleep is the only one that you can recover from naturally. Ice can actually be cured without items too. You have to be hit by fire. But the enemy would have to hit you with fire... Oh whoops. Yeah, it's an oversight, not a bug.

The difference between a bug and oversight are huge, and I don't think you're getting them. So before you start calling people ignorant, perhaps you should check your own facts first.

Lick lick lick lick lick lick lick lick, do I have to repeat myself? Lick lick lick lick lick lick. The attack sucking is irrelevant. Seriously, you're ignorant of you own favorite gen. Why am I arguing with someone who has no idea what theyre talking about? There's nothing that can be gained from arguing with someone who's clearly blinded to logic. And of course you'd know nothing about balance, the other status that dont cure don't permanently disable your
Pokemon.

This thread proves that 99% of pokemon fans are children and nostalgia fanboys (bane of video game industry) who clearly have no idea what they're talking about

1 isn't my favorite. 2 is my favorite overall. And it doesn't mean anything. I intentionally ignored lick because it's obviously unfavorable. As for your logic, it still doesn't work. Ghost was a problem in itself because of typing that was fixing in Gen II. Ice is still curable. It's just an extreme oversight. The same way with Gen 2, the boxes keep your pokemon saved if you shift them around even if you restart the game, which let's you clone Pokemon.

Those aren't glitches. Glitches are things like say... Getting bad egg when you didn't actually do anything to warrant it.
---
Jimbo.