This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Hated Generation.

#31SPDShadowRangerPosted 1/23/2013 6:49:31 PM
Noblesse_Oblige posted...
RoccoRed posted...
Generation 1:
Bland Environments, Terribad dialogue ("Shorts are comfy to wear"), the WORST rival ever to be made, dull evil team, is worsen by nostalgia.

And to make your point about bad dialogue you highlighted the best and most compelling line to ever appear in a pokemon game. Well done.

Yeah no:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/af/RedJuggler.png
#32FouCapitanPosted 1/23/2013 6:55:38 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
just seems like a chore rather than a trip down nostalgia lane like 1-3 does.

Well obviously. Your particular nostalgia means nothing. I don't get nostalgia from any of the games, its simple observation. Gen IV pretty much exploded Pokemon into being the best it can be.

I never expected my nostalgia to mean anything to you. Also you quoted the same thing from me twice.

I'm sorry I dislike your favorite the most, except I'm not really sorry and your favorite thing is actually quite bad.
---
Killing means never having to say you're sorry.
#33Zarren364Posted 1/23/2013 6:57:25 PM
Gen IV because of D/P. Crap selection of pokemon, limited post game, F***ING MT. CORONET, surf and battle speeds, etc.,etc.
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#34ThefunyarinpaPosted 1/23/2013 7:01:33 PM
I misunderstood the topic title and voted for VI. I don't hate it... :(
---
*New Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X board!*
---3DS FC: 1289-8486-6925---
#35GiftedACIIIPosted 1/23/2013 7:03:37 PM
FouCapitan posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
just seems like a chore rather than a trip down nostalgia lane like 1-3 does.

Well obviously. Your particular nostalgia means nothing. I don't get nostalgia from any of the games, its simple observation. Gen IV pretty much exploded Pokemon into being the best it can be.

I never expected my nostalgia to mean anything to you. Also you quoted the same thing from me twice.

I'm sorry I dislike your favorite the most, except I'm not really sorry and your favorite thing is actually quite bad.

Your nostalgia means nothing to anyone. Also my point was that its common sense that later and later games to fail to give you nostalgia once you grow past the main nostalgic age.

And no, sorry Gen IV is objectively the best Gen that revolutionized the metagame (people still consider it the best) and made it so that actual people with skill are required to play it instead of just 12 year old kids and stupid nostalgia fanboys.
#36FouCapitanPosted 1/23/2013 7:05:59 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
way too much that I couldn't be bothered to read

I don't care what you think, Gen IV was tedious and boring to play.
---
Killing means never having to say you're sorry.
#37ThatGuyZPosted 1/23/2013 7:11:59 PM
Lexifox posted...
Gen 2

Awful distribution of the newer Pokemon, with the early routes being full of Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle, Zubat, Geodude, etc.

The gym leaders had no interest in using the newer Pokemon, with Falkner ignoring the new Hoothoot, Bugsy not using Spinarak and Ledyba over Metapod and Kakuna, Morty having four Ghost Pokemon... but having a second Haunter instead of the new Ghost-type, and Chuck not having any of the new Fighting Pokemon. Whitney, Jasmine, Clair, and Pryce use one new Pokemon each, with the bulk of their teams being older Pokemon, though Clair gets a pass due to Dragons being rare and her using the only new Dragon.

The game advertises two new types as a selling feature... and one is fairly rare, while the other is all but entirely post-game.

The level scaling is awful, with wild Pokemon at terrible levels for training, which is very punishing for someone who wants to change their team because they finally found a new Pokemon. You also had stuff like the dreaded Elite Four, the powerful trainers everyone will aspire to defeat.. and the Kanto gym leaders are on par with them, with Blue actually being stronger than Lance.

They basically gutted Kanto so that everything was gone and it was reduced to gym battles with a screen of route between them.

The new Pokemon, when you found them, were generally underwhelming. They weren't quite as good or usable as many of their Gen 1 counterparts, and there was a wealth of Pokemon that didn't evolve, one of the simple joys of the games: catching a Pokemon and seeing it evolve into something stronger. Unless you spoiled yourself, you'd catch that weird-looking deer... and no evolution.

A lot of the ease of things like evolution stones were gone. You had to rely on RNG and an annoying phone call system to get them instead of a store.

The PokePhone thing was annoying.

This was remedied in the remakes, but this is completely true.

However, I'd have to give it to III-not my most hated, but easily my least favorite until VI comes out: horrible Pokemon distribution like Gen II, training was annoying, the number of mons to choose from forced you to buy remakes of older games and gimped console games that gave us a terrible selection of Mons from the second game and very few from the newer ones that also forced the buying of peripherals that would end up breaking the bank for most people.
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#38GiftedACIIIPosted 1/23/2013 7:12:19 PM
FouCapitan posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
way too much that I couldn't be bothered to read

I don't care what you think, Gen I and II was tedious and boring to play.

Fix'd Still though only children care so much about the campaign of the games.
#39iron_defensePosted 1/23/2013 7:26:13 PM
I don't think Gen IV is bad, maybe it's because I played Platinum first.
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.
#40GiftedACIIIPosted 1/23/2013 7:28:04 PM
iron_defense posted...
I don't think Gen IV is bad, maybe it's because I played Platinum first.

Yeah, playing things first tend to make you like it more. You've gotta look at the big picture though to not be ignorant and biased. And looking at the big picture Gen IV is much wider, much diverse, and just as enjoyable if not more than the other gens.

Its unarguable that Gen IV mechanics are the best to happen to Pokemon