This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Hated Generation.

#51360pagesPosted 1/23/2013 9:35:03 PM
Geeze Gen 4 and 3 really aren't doing well...And I'm surprised that Gen 2 is so close to Gen 5, I thought Gen 5 was viewed as the best thing ever since sliced bread
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#52KentousaiPosted 1/23/2013 9:45:59 PM
I'm curious as to why people have voted for gen 6. I mean I understand if you don't like the designs or new graphics, but we haven't even gotten a chance to play it yet...
#53GiftedACIIIPosted 1/24/2013 1:54:12 AM
iron_defense posted...
iron_defense posted...
I don't think Gen IV is bad, maybe it's because I played Platinum first.

Yeah, playing things first tend to make you like it more. You've gotta look at the big picture though to not be ignorant and biased. And looking at the big picture Gen IV is much wider, much diverse, and just as enjoyable if not more than the other gens.

Its unarguable that Gen IV mechanics are the best to happen to Pokemon

No, no. I mean Platinum is the first Gen IV game I played. I've been playing since RBY, I wasn't exposed to the suckiness of D/P. I liked HGSS as well.

Oh that's good then. I didn't find Diamond and Pearl very sucky though. All of its "faults" are in the completely subjective tiers and overall its still longer and wider than all the other gens plus the improved mechanics that define current Pokemon.
#54KillerMechanoidPosted 1/24/2013 1:58:36 AM(edited)
I frown upon any generation that spams its starter mammal everywhere.

Seriously, you can just catch them on the first/second/third route for your HM/pickup slaves, and then they shouldn't be appearing anymore after that.

Gen V was the only one that didn't spam its starter mammal around everywhere.
#55GiftedACIIIPosted 1/24/2013 2:02:00 AM
Kentousai posted...
I'm curious as to why people have voted for gen 6. I mean I understand if you don't like the designs or new graphics, but we haven't even gotten a chance to play it yet...

99% of Pokemon fans are generally brainless and have no clue about Pokemon other than what any 12 year old can know.
#56BolognaSammichPosted 1/24/2013 2:07:09 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
Gen 2 actually had alot of things going for it. Night and day cycles, adding two new types to the game steel and dark, the stat special switch into special attack and special defense. You know the things that mattered actually happened in Gen 2. Gen 1 was the worst. It had the most glitches, and worse gameplay mechanics. It really should be no contest. But with some people nostalgia wins over everything. /dumb logic

And gen 2 gave us shinies, things to do on different days of the week, time changing in-game with real life time, 16 badges, pokerus, breeding, held items, genders. BUT NO THE POKEMON ARE DISTRIBUTED BADLY AND THE LEVELS I DONT LIKE UUUGH YOU ONLY LIKE IT CUZ TEH NOSTALGIA!!!
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#57GiftedACIIIPosted 1/24/2013 2:10:47 AM
BolognaSammich posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Gen 2 actually had alot of things going for it. Night and day cycles, adding two new types to the game steel and dark, the stat special switch into special attack and special defense. You know the things that mattered actually happened in Gen 2. Gen 1 was the worst. It had the most glitches, and worse gameplay mechanics. It really should be no contest. But with some people nostalgia wins over everything. /dumb logic

And gen 2 gave us shinies, things to do on different days of the week, time changing in-game with real life time, 16 badges, pokerus, breeding, held items, genders. BUT NO THE POKEMON ARE DISTRIBUTED BADLY AND THE LEVELS I DONT LIKE UUUGH YOU ONLY LIKE IT CUZ TEH NOSTALGIA!!!

Gen III and IV added a ton more from each other than Gen II did from Gen I. Really the real answer is 5th>4th>3rd>2nd>1st as each just keeps adding improvements.
#58Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 2:11:59 AM
BolognaSammich posted...

Something can make the game better while still being an overall meh experience.

Gen II and IV prove this as they made the greatest superficial improvements to the formula but ultimately the Pokemon themselves and the journey are the most important part and what people will remember. Unfortunately Gen II and IV were lacking in these areas.
#59GiftedACIIIPosted 1/24/2013 2:15:22 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
BolognaSammich posted...

Something can make the game better while still being an overall meh experience.

Gen II and IV prove this as they made the greatest superficial improvements to the formula but ultimately the Pokemon themselves and the journey are the most important part and what people will remember. Unfortunately Gen II and IV were lacking in these areas.

Yes for children.

And I'm pretty sure much more children started, played and enjoyed Gen IV more than the other gens seeing the sales of the DS and the games. After a couple of years you'll have the majority of people whose favorite gen are 3rd and 4th because of simple nostalgia which really affects a franchise like Pokemon.
#60KillerMechanoidPosted 1/24/2013 2:16:39 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Really the real answer is 5th>4th>3rd>2nd>1st as each just keeps adding improvements.

I'd kinda agree too. However, many people here put Gen II last and not Gen I because of nostalgia goggles.