This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Hated Generation.

#81Coop14Posted 1/24/2013 8:14:26 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Well yeah, people who've played Gen IV the most and first will indeed believe that is better. So do Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III fans. Of course anybody can like another gen other than the one they started with but that's the general pattern.

And that's why judging gens based on the subjective ingame material is stupid. But I fail to see how people can think the new additions are convulated at all unless they're really casual gamers. Doesn't seem like they're very into Pokemon then. Why would they be on this board?

Didn't you read what I said? I've seen plenty of complaints about how all of Gen II's new mechanics made Pokemon an overall LESS enjoyable experience.

You'll notice that most of those mechanics were actually left out of Gen III. There's a reason for that.

That doesn't stop many people from considering it the best gen.

I forgot to mention but really how can anyone consider Gen I the best really? The game was practically a beta, broken as all hell with bugs and glitches all over the place. Don't tell me that's "part of the charm". Many annoying things like your pokemon getting removed if your box is full instead of putting it to the next box, no healing via PC, ghosts not affecting psychic, no back-up save so shutting off while its saving would delete your entire save, that special stat being broken, very few multiplayer options, etc.

Hear is my opinion and I know many that agree with this.

Every gen they feel equal too except Gen4 was utter garbage.

Gen4 absolutely destroyed Pokemon creativity it seemed. Was extremely lackluster, added an overkill amount of legendary pokemon, LOLGod Pokemon.

Sorry I grew up on how Mew was this mysterious unfathomable Pokemon who was looked at back in the day as the super Pokemon.

Gen4 was garbage and most of the people who loved it I would argue havent been playing since the original Pokemon games.

Everything/Anything is better then that heap of slow Garbage generation 4 was.
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.
#82Bronze_StuffPosted 1/24/2013 8:27:01 AM
Legendary_Musas posted...
Can't we like all gens?

Gen 1 is obviously the 'worst' as it is the first and doesn't have all the additions later gens added that made Pokemon what it is today. However it was still amazing when it was released.

And that's the thing, the fact that it lacks some of the newer features doesn't make it worse. Just the same, the fact that it's so simple makes it a bit more fun to play at moments. Seriously, go back and play it, people are making it sound worse than it really is.

It's like going back and playing Tales of Phantasia. It's still a good game even if you played the newer ones.
---
Jimbo.
#83BolognaSammichPosted 1/24/2013 8:28:56 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Well yeah, people who've played Gen IV the most and first will indeed believe that is better. So do Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III fans. Of course anybody can like another gen other than the one they started with but that's the general pattern.

And that's why judging gens based on the subjective ingame material is stupid. But I fail to see how people can think the new additions are convulated at all unless they're really casual gamers. Doesn't seem like they're very into Pokemon then. Why would they be on this board?

Didn't you read what I said? I've seen plenty of complaints about how all of Gen II's new mechanics made Pokemon an overall LESS enjoyable experience.

You'll notice that most of those mechanics were actually left out of Gen III. There's a reason for that.

I forgot to mention but really how can anyone consider Gen I the best really? The game was practically a beta, broken as all hell with bugs and glitches all over the place.

This is untrue. All of the major glitches like Missingno, Glitch City, Mew glitch all have to be found on purpose. The entire game is more than playable without any problems.
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#84Bronze_StuffPosted 1/24/2013 8:32:19 AM
BolognaSammich posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

I forgot to mention but really how can anyone consider Gen I the best really? The game was practically a beta, broken as all hell with bugs and glitches all over the place.

This is untrue. All of the major glitches like Missingno, Glitch City, Mew glitch all have to be found on purpose. The entire game is more than playable without any problems.

Right, that's my biggest problem when people try to bring up glitches like that. Glitches that should be brought up are things like dual types being glitched. Weedle's poison sting being super effective against itself being a great example. But no, they bring up things like Missingno... Which is silly, GF was a new company at the time, I shouldn't expect a game to be perfect when they are a new company. I mean, FF series seems to get a pass on glitches, and some of them are as bad as broken skills (that don't work), or even CORE STATS. Which is even more ridiculous than any glitch from Pokemon.
---
Jimbo.
#85yaratnamPosted 1/24/2013 8:46:36 AM
Gen IV.

It was slow, had the most boring Pokemon and gyms, and some of the worst of everything in the series.

The only good parts for me were the Pokemon that got third evolution stages (like Magmar, Magneton, and Rhydon) and the 3D towns.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AstronAstroll?feature=mhee
My YT channel. Not much on it. :V
#86Rogue MuttPosted 1/24/2013 9:03:05 AM
Was going to say III, but ended up voting V. Emerald redeemed III for me at least a little bit, but I was just so bored with V. Almost none of the new pokemon interested me, and without new pokemon I want to use there just isn't much fun to be had.
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!
#87Kilp45Posted 1/24/2013 9:10:45 AM
It's a tie between gen 1 and 2. Their both outdated while I do have a few complaints on gen 2:

- Johto being an underwhelming region, along with the not so good Kanto.

- Poor level curve, especially when you needed to grind for the E4.

- Not enough attention to the gen 2 pokes. Hell, a few of them were only catch-able in KANTO

-The majority of the pokes introduced in that gen were terrible, aside from Scizor, Forretress, Tyranitar, and others.

And that's why I prefer Platinum over HG/SS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BalloonClock - Be sure to check out my vids.
Pokemon White FC: 2880 8881 8516
#88AlbinoCrocodilePosted 1/24/2013 11:07:12 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Legendary_Musas posted...
Can't we like all gens?

Gen 1 is obviously the 'worst' as it is the first and doesn't have all the additions later gens added that made Pokemon what it is today. However it was still amazing when it was released.

And that's the thing, the fact that it lacks some of the newer features doesn't make it worse. Just the same, the fact that it's so simple makes it a bit more fun to play at moments. Seriously, go back and play it, people are making it sound worse than it really is.

It's like going back and playing Tales of Phantasia. It's still a good game even if you played the newer ones.

I did, it's still worse in my opinion and technically.
---
Miss Albino at your service...
Not really.
#89spooky96Posted 1/24/2013 11:21:06 AM
Gen IV. Though it was still a fairly enjoyable game.
---
I seed 4x more than I download.
If you don't resist you'll most likely be going down
#90Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 11:21:14 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

I forgot to mention but really how can anyone consider Gen I the best really? The game was practically a beta, broken as all hell with bugs and glitches all over the place. Don't tell me that's "part of the charm". Many annoying things like your pokemon getting removed if your box is full instead of putting it to the next box, no healing via PC, ghosts not affecting psychic, no back-up save so shutting off while its saving would delete your entire save, that special stat being broken, very few multiplayer options, etc.

Spent hundreds of hours on that game and never once ran into a glitch. You have to go out of your way to do things like Missing No. Either waynone of the glitches changed the core experience which like I said is the part that matters and why people can find R/B/G/Y better than newer games. It's not all about the bells and whistles.