This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Hated Generation.

#91360pagesPosted 1/24/2013 11:26:48 AM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Legendary_Musas posted...
Can't we like all gens?

Gen 1 is obviously the 'worst' as it is the first and doesn't have all the additions later gens added that made Pokemon what it is today. However it was still amazing when it was released.

And that's the thing, the fact that it lacks some of the newer features doesn't make it worse. Just the same, the fact that it's so simple makes it a bit more fun to play at moments. Seriously, go back and play it, people are making it sound worse than it really is.

It's like going back and playing Tales of Phantasia. It's still a good game even if you played the newer ones.

I did, it's still worse in my opinion and technically.

It looks like someone never played Tales of Tempest, or Legendia with it's suddenly alien story.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#92Dark_EinherjarPosted 1/24/2013 11:30:40 AM
"The previous generation" is usually the right answer. Right now it's Gen IV because we're still in Gen V, but it'll be Gen V by the end of the year, when Gen VI comes out.

Anyway, my least favorite generation is Gen II.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#93Bronze_StuffPosted 1/24/2013 11:49:14 AM
360pages posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Can't we like all gens?

Gen 1 is obviously the 'worst' as it is the first and doesn't have all the additions later gens added that made Pokemon what it is today. However it was still amazing when it was released.

And that's the thing, the fact that it lacks some of the newer features doesn't make it worse. Just the same, the fact that it's so simple makes it a bit more fun to play at moments. Seriously, go back and play it, people are making it sound worse than it really is.

It's like going back and playing Tales of Phantasia. It's still a good game even if you played the newer ones.

It looks like someone never played Tales of Tempest, or Legendia with it's suddenly alien story.

This. Tempest and Legendia were bad when they came out, and they are still bad now. Games can't get worse with time. Other games can improve, but that doesn't make the other one worse.

And if you played the GBA, that doesn't count. It's not the original.
---
Jimbo.
#94360pagesPosted 1/24/2013 11:55:13 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
360pages posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Can't we like all gens?

This. Tempest and Legendia were bad when they came out, and they are still bad now. Games can't get worse with time. Other games can improve, but that doesn't make the other one worse.

And if you played the GBA, that doesn't count. It's not the original.

Legendia, half the story wasn't voice acted, no one had mystic arte/ Blast calibers. It had a slow ass battle speed even though it was a 2d game. The art style used on the cover is completely different then the art style actually used in the game.

The plot twist in chapter 6-8 made me lol
---
#95Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 12:22:39 PM
Always found it stupid to imply that a game can be a 10/10 one year and a "bad game' a couple years down the road.

It doesn't matter if it has aged well (which Gen I really hasn't aged terrible. There's nothing terrible stopping you from going back) if it was once a great game then it's still a great game.
#96360pagesPosted 1/24/2013 1:20:30 PM
Yeah, most of the games are playable and not even that slow in terms of battle speed. The games aren't even broken by today's standards
---
#97Platinum_LuigiPosted 1/24/2013 1:49:47 PM
Why all the Gen 4 hate? Imo, it was better than gen 3, still had its issues though(surf speed, and HMs got to be utterly ridiculous)

-I loved that gen for introducing the physical/special split.

-I also liked the region; much more varied and interesting than any prior region.

-Going up Mount Coronet to face Cyrus, Dialga/Palkia was the most epic part of the game, easily one of my favorite parts in the entire series.

-Actually had a really tough Elite 4, Cynthia was no slouch.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/awesome_user
#98GiftedACIIIPosted 1/24/2013 2:04:38 PM
This is untrue. All of the major glitches like Missingno, Glitch City, Mew glitch all have to be found on purpose. The entire game is more than playable without any problems.

For all the people talking about how the glitches still make the game "playable" and "doesn't ruin the core experience" the main bug to be mentioned is ghost getting owned by psychics which not good at all. Not to mention stuff like Blizzard perma-freeze crap and wrap preventing opponents from attacking, all completely broken stuff that was much improved in later generations.

*Restarts D/P to play with my friend would got Plat... Gives up after awhile only to find out that my friend stopped playing too*

I don't think so...

Huh, that's funny. Because nobody whos not a complete hipster even plays the gameboy anymore. So unless you're one (or a pitiful nostalgia fanboy) I guess you don't play any Pokemon.

Just the same, the fact that it's so simple makes it a bit more fun to play at moments. Seriously, go back and play it, people are making it sound worse than it really is.
4th gen and 5th can be easily beaten by a blindfolded 7 year old. Making it simple makes the game even easier. So basically what you're saying is you REALLY suck at games and you want to keep games to your easy casual level. Why are you on hardcore gamefaqs? And who replays Pokemon besides to play competitively? Pokemon is a childrens game with low replayibility and you're playing the short side, the campaign made for kids.

@Coop14

words

all I read was some extreme nostalgia rant from an extreme nostalgia blinded fanboy. Lol nobody thinks Mew is "cool and mysterious" turn off that nostalgia filter. Gen 4 is eons better than Gen 1 + 2 and its mechanics are eons better than Gen 3. Nostalgia blinds are the bane of the gaming industry
#99Coop14Posted 1/24/2013 5:45:12 PM
This is untrue. All of the major glitches like Missingno, Glitch City, Mew glitch all have to be found on purpose. The entire game is more than playable without any problems.

For all the people talking about how the glitches still make the game "playable" and "doesn't ruin the core experience" the main bug to be mentioned is ghost getting owned by psychics which not good at all. Not to mention stuff like Blizzard perma-freeze crap and wrap preventing opponents from attacking, all completely broken stuff that was much improved in later generations.

*Restarts D/P to play with my friend would got Plat... Gives up after awhile only to find out that my friend stopped playing too*

I don't think so...

Huh, that's funny. Because nobody whos not a complete hipster even plays the gameboy anymore. So unless you're one (or a pitiful nostalgia fanboy) I guess you don't play any Pokemon.

Just the same, the fact that it's so simple makes it a bit more fun to play at moments. Seriously, go back and play it, people are making it sound worse than it really is.
4th gen and 5th can be easily beaten by a blindfolded 7 year old. Making it simple makes the game even easier. So basically what you're saying is you REALLY suck at games and you want to keep games to your easy casual level. Why are you on hardcore gamefaqs? And who replays Pokemon besides to play competitively? Pokemon is a childrens game with low replayibility and you're playing the short side, the campaign made for kids.

@Coop14

words

all I read was some extreme nostalgia rant from an extreme nostalgia blinded fanboy. Lol nobody thinks Mew is "cool and mysterious" turn off that nostalgia filter. Gen 4 is eons better than Gen 1 + 2 and its mechanics are eons better than Gen 3. Nostalgia blinds are the bane of the gaming industry

You must of missed the part when I said

IN MY OPINION

Also nice new account ;)
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.
#100Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 6:06:43 PM
I don't understand why people dismiss Pokemon as a children's game. Especially on a Pokemon message board. It's the quickest way to get yourself on everyone's ignore list. Ain't nobody got time for this kind of ignorance.