This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

R/S/E sequels and not remakes

#1VoidBeyondPosted 1/22/2013 6:54:44 PM
What if, instead of remaking it, they give it sequels that way it can pair up with the X/Y timeline. They could change some of Hoenn, give it different location and maybe a Marine Tube that connects Lilycove to Sootopolis and Mossdeep. Maybe a return of Team Magma/Aqua or a new team with a better plan than to flood the world/dry the world.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#2duranmanXPosted 1/22/2013 6:55:40 PM
As long as there is only one, no more of this dual gaming stuff
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/22/2013 6:56:12 PM
I'd be fine with this; I just want to see a remastered Hoenn to be completely honest
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#4MetaFalconPunchPosted 1/22/2013 7:02:50 PM
duranmanX posted...

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. WALUIGI IS NUMBER ONE!
Kraid: (steps on you)
#5surferguy7Posted 1/22/2013 7:03:09 PM
duranmanX posted...

What if I told you... you have the power to purchase one game.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#6duranmanXPosted 1/22/2013 7:04:41 PM
surferguy7 posted...
duranmanX posted...

That cuts the worth in half, I like there to be one game with all the pokemon in the region and much of the same features
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#7vital_tundraPosted 1/22/2013 7:07:02 PM
duranmanX posted...
surferguy7 posted...
duranmanX posted...

That cuts the worth in half, I like there to be one game with all the pokemon in the region and much of the same features

Yeh, I hate that there is a Black and White 2. I would have rather had 1 game that was the sequel. Has more worth than the older 3rd games by being an actual sequel, but I don;t need to purchase 2 copies.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#8Limen123Posted 1/22/2013 7:08:28 PM
Maybe, they could make it so that it'd be far into the future, and have a bit of the water drained. Only a little. I liked it, but many here would disagree, and I think draining a little water for more land would be a nice touch, and add new areas.

..That or flood the place, and have many small islands. >_>
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png
#9RaytheRulerPosted 1/22/2013 7:11:14 PM
The current timeline for the games is:
1. Events of FireRed + Ruby/Emerald happened at roughly the same time.
2. Events of SoulSilver + Pearl/Platinum happened at roughly the same time.
3. Events of Black/White
4. Events of Black 2/White 2

If they remade Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, they'd need to occupy the same spot in the timeline as the originals, which is a bit confusing and throws off the gen order. If they were sequel'd, as in the events of Ruby/Sapphire took place long ago, and this is the adventures of new kids (not Brendan and May) in the Hoenn region; then they could be in-line with Gen 6 and not screw up the timeline. As such, I predict they will be sequels rather than remakes if Gamefreak does indeed bring Hoenn to the 3DS.
#10Archwing3441Posted 1/22/2013 7:11:19 PM
Limen123 posted...
Maybe, they could make it so that it'd be far into the future, and have a bit of the water drained. Only a little. I liked it, but many here would disagree, and I think draining a little water for more land would be a nice touch, and add new areas.

..That or flood the place, and have many small islands. >_>

but... it's the ocean -_- wouldn't it be the exact opposite and have MORE water? You know, because the ocean is actually rising because of the melting of the polar ice caps...
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html