This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

R/S/E sequels and not remakes

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. R/S/E sequels and not remakes
2 years ago#1
What if, instead of remaking it, they give it sequels that way it can pair up with the X/Y timeline. They could change some of Hoenn, give it different location and maybe a Marine Tube that connects Lilycove to Sootopolis and Mossdeep. Maybe a return of Team Magma/Aqua or a new team with a better plan than to flood the world/dry the world.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
2 years ago#2
As long as there is only one, no more of this dual gaming stuff
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
2 years ago#3
I'd be fine with this; I just want to see a remastered Hoenn to be completely honest
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
2 years ago#4
duranmanX posted...

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. WALUIGI IS NUMBER ONE!
Kraid: (steps on you)
2 years ago#5
duranmanX posted...

What if I told you... you have the power to purchase one game.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
2 years ago#6
surferguy7 posted...
duranmanX posted...

That cuts the worth in half, I like there to be one game with all the pokemon in the region and much of the same features
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
2 years ago#7
duranmanX posted...
surferguy7 posted...
duranmanX posted...

That cuts the worth in half, I like there to be one game with all the pokemon in the region and much of the same features

Yeh, I hate that there is a Black and White 2. I would have rather had 1 game that was the sequel. Has more worth than the older 3rd games by being an actual sequel, but I don;t need to purchase 2 copies.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
2 years ago#8
Maybe, they could make it so that it'd be far into the future, and have a bit of the water drained. Only a little. I liked it, but many here would disagree, and I think draining a little water for more land would be a nice touch, and add new areas.

..That or flood the place, and have many small islands. >_>
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png
2 years ago#9
The current timeline for the games is:
1. Events of FireRed + Ruby/Emerald happened at roughly the same time.
2. Events of SoulSilver + Pearl/Platinum happened at roughly the same time.
3. Events of Black/White
4. Events of Black 2/White 2

If they remade Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, they'd need to occupy the same spot in the timeline as the originals, which is a bit confusing and throws off the gen order. If they were sequel'd, as in the events of Ruby/Sapphire took place long ago, and this is the adventures of new kids (not Brendan and May) in the Hoenn region; then they could be in-line with Gen 6 and not screw up the timeline. As such, I predict they will be sequels rather than remakes if Gamefreak does indeed bring Hoenn to the 3DS.
2 years ago#10
Limen123 posted...
Maybe, they could make it so that it'd be far into the future, and have a bit of the water drained. Only a little. I liked it, but many here would disagree, and I think draining a little water for more land would be a nice touch, and add new areas.

..That or flood the place, and have many small islands. >_>

but... it's the ocean -_- wouldn't it be the exact opposite and have MORE water? You know, because the ocean is actually rising because of the melting of the polar ice caps...
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. R/S/E sequels and not remakes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived