This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

R/S/E sequels and not remakes

#11Limen123Posted 1/22/2013 8:13:45 PM
but... it's the ocean -_- wouldn't it be the exact opposite and have MORE water? You know, because the ocean is actually rising because of the melting of the polar ice caps...

Doesn't have to apply to the Pokemon world. We could say team Magma partially succeeded. Or global cooling freezes more and more water.
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png
#12Archwing3441Posted 1/22/2013 8:16:29 PM
Limen123 posted...
but... it's the ocean -_- wouldn't it be the exact opposite and have MORE water? You know, because the ocean is actually rising because of the melting of the polar ice caps...

Doesn't have to apply to the Pokemon world. We could say team Magma partially succeeded. Or global cooling freezes more and more water.

lol, the people of hoen
"we use to have a lot of water... than a stupid dragon went around and froze our ocean."

just imagine moving right once and it takes you all the way to mossdeep. lol
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#13OldDirtyCRPosted 1/22/2013 8:21:48 PM
duranmanX posted...
surferguy7 posted...
duranmanX posted...
As long as there is only one, no more of this dual gaming stuff

What if I told you... you have the power to purchase one game.

That cuts the worth in half, I like there to be one game with all the pokemon in the region and much of the same features

In half, really? With the inclusion of Wifi trading in the DS games exclusive pokemon is no longer that big of a deal. You can trade other people for the exclusives from the opposite game. White Forest/Black City? You can now trade keys with friends/family/whatever. So you personally don't need to have both games to experience both areas.

So what else is there really? You act like there is some gigantic difference that requires you to drop 40$ on the other version. In reality it's some small cosmetic things in certain areas and that's about it.

Anyways now that they've made the plunge to two versions there's no way they are going to go back to one. It's easy money for them because people like you who think they are missing out on 50% of the game are willing to buy both. There's no reason for them to go back to one version.
#14Archwing3441Posted 1/22/2013 8:28:12 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
duranmanX posted...
surferguy7 posted...
duranmanX posted...

That cuts the worth in half, I like there to be one game with all the pokemon in the region and much of the same features

In half, really? With the inclusion of Wifi trading in the DS games exclusive pokemon is no longer that big of a deal. You can trade other people for the exclusives from the opposite game. White Forest/Black City? You can now trade keys with friends/family/whatever. So you personally don't need to have both games to experience both areas.

So what else is there really? You act like there is some gigantic difference that requires you to drop 40$ on the other version. In reality it's some small cosmetic things in certain areas and that's about it.

Anyways now that they've made the plunge to two versions there's no way they are going to go back to one. It's easy money for them because people like you who think they are missing out on 50% of the game are willing to buy both. There's no reason for them to go back to one version.

and even when they combine the games like in platinum, you couldn't even get all the pokemon (I never got purugly's family line because I had pearl and platinum)
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#15eddie404Posted 1/22/2013 8:33:10 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
What if, instead of remaking it, they give it sequels that way it can pair up with the X/Y timeline. They could change some of Hoenn, give it different location and maybe a Marine Tube that connects Lilycove to Sootopolis and Mossdeep. Maybe a return of Team Magma/Aqua or a new team with a better plan than to flood the world/dry the world.

OMG This is definitely the best idea!
---
Nintendo 3DS: 0473.8573.6109
Twitter: @BlackCatNYC
#16superwailordPosted 1/22/2013 8:35:07 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
duranmanX posted...
surferguy7 posted...
duranmanX posted...

When did they only do one version? Did i miss a Gen 0.5 or something?
---
W FC: 4642 7634 9083
B2 FC: 2581 1113 4135 W2 FC: 3912 6547 3607
#17pokemonfreak97Posted 1/22/2013 8:35:41 PM
I'd like a RSEquel set... well, it's at least 7 years into the future, because Pokémon has a set 2-year gap, a set 3-year gap, an unspecified gap (between 2/4 and 5), and an unknown gap (between 5.5 and 6), and the series is hardly going to make one of them 6 months. I'm going to say that the BW gap is 5 years and the XY gap is also 5 years; this gives us a clean number of 15 years since Brendan (or May, I don't know which one they'd pick) met Rayquaza and calmed the duel; canonically, (s)he wouldn't catch it, obviously, so that we could.

Gym Leaders:

Roxanne: could stay, just wouldn't be a "student" anymore.

Brawly: would be in that gap where he's no longer the "young brawler" but can't be the "old master", so his role would be odd if he's still here.

Wattson: Was already getting old, but could be old and wise if needed.

Flannery: Presumably comptent now as opposed to her nervous self.

Norman: Replace with May/Brendan and turn into 8th gym for a Blue Battle, or leave him be (or possibly put one here and the other as Champ)

Winona: Her age was never really that obvious.

Tate/Liza: No longer young, but similar to Roxane.

Juan (this is the Emerald canon): he was already old. Replaced by Wallace at least, if not give Steven or a new character a gym (maybe in Lilycove or Slateport) (if you make M/B or even Wally champ, neither Steven nor Wallace can be)

Elite 4: Drake and Glacia are somewhat old, Drake more so, and I'm assuming that the Champion is some significant RSE character, so adding a couple new E4 people is likely.

All in all, it gives an excuse for random new Pokémon to appear all over the place; it even seems built for the bird trio to inhabit, with minor, typically Legendary-holding dungeons empty in Fiery Path, New Mauville, and Shoal Cave.
---
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?
#18OldDirtyCRPosted 1/22/2013 8:39:24 PM(edited)
superwailord posted...

Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum... Apparently your memory has failed you o_o

Those will never happen again. It'll be X2/Y2 just like it was B2/W2.
#19NotChris_HansenPosted 1/22/2013 8:40:26 PM
Game needs a May/Brendan double battle.
#20superwailordPosted 1/22/2013 8:40:58 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
superwailord posted...

Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum... Apparently your memory has failed you o_o

Those will never happen again. It'll be X2/Y2 just like it was B2/W2.

Except those weren't single release games... Apparently your memory has failed you.

R/B/Y
G/S/C
R/S/E
D/P/Pt
---
W FC: 4642 7634 9083
B2 FC: 2581 1113 4135 W2 FC: 3912 6547 3607