This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

R/S/E sequels and not remakes

#21VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:12:26 PM
Limen123 posted...
Maybe, they could make it so that it'd be far into the future, and have a bit of the water drained. Only a little. I liked it, but many here would disagree, and I think draining a little water for more land would be a nice touch, and add new areas.

..That or flood the place, and have many small islands. >_>

That's the point of the addition of the Marine Tube connecting 3 of the towns/cities separated by the ocean. I still think Ever Grande and Pacifidlog should have to be surfed to.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#22VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:15:03 PM
RaytheRuler posted...
The current timeline for the games is:
1. Events of FireRed + Ruby/Emerald happened at roughly the same time.
2. Events of SoulSilver + Pearl/Platinum happened at roughly the same time.
3. Events of Black/White
4. Events of Black 2/White 2

If they remade Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, they'd need to occupy the same spot in the timeline as the originals, which is a bit confusing and throws off the gen order. If they were sequel'd, as in the events of Ruby/Sapphire took place long ago, and this is the adventures of new kids (not Brendan and May) in the Hoenn region; then they could be in-line with Gen 6 and not screw up the timeline. As such, I predict they will be sequels rather than remakes if Gamefreak does indeed bring Hoenn to the 3DS.

That's... Pretty much what I just said. They can't remake the games without retconning a WHOLE bunch of stuff so they'd have to make sequels to fit in with events that have happened
---
#23VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:52:53 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Norman: Replace with May/Brendan and turn into 8th gym for a Blue Battle, or leave him be (or possibly put one here and the other as Champ)

All in all, it gives an excuse for random new Pokémon to appear all over the place; it even seems built for the bird trio to inhabit, with minor, typically Legendary-holding dungeons empty in Fiery Path, New Mauville, and Shoal Cave.

May should become new Pokemon Professor while Brendan becomes the gym leader. But that's only because I always played through the games and it'd feel weird to me if May wasn't seen the Professors daughter. And for the last paragraph, exactly. A sequel could keep canon and add in all the new Pokemon without completely messing up the timeline
---
#24OldDirtyCRPosted 1/22/2013 9:58:45 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
RaytheRuler posted...
3. Events of Black/White

If they remade Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, they'd need to occupy the same spot in the timeline as the originals, which is a bit confusing and throws off the gen order. If they were sequel'd, as in the events of Ruby/Sapphire took place long ago, and this is the adventures of new kids (not Brendan and May) in the Hoenn region; then they could be in-line with Gen 6 and not screw up the timeline. As such, I predict they will be sequels rather than remakes if Gamefreak does indeed bring Hoenn to the 3DS.

That's... Pretty much what I just said. They can't remake the games without retconning a WHOLE bunch of stuff so they'd have to make sequels to fit in with events that have happened

I don't understand this at all. GSC had a time machine to trade... What makes you think they can't do that again? Inter-dimensional Time Machine.

Personally I think they would just make "sequels", but this whole "The timeline would be broken!z!!" thing never made sense to me when they've already dealt with that issue successfully in the past.
#25OldDirtyCRPosted 1/22/2013 10:05:05 PM(edited)
superwailord posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
superwailord posted...

When did they only do one version? Did i miss a Gen 0.5 or something?

Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum... Apparently your memory has failed you o_o

Those will never happen again. It'll be X2/Y2 just like it was B2/W2.

Except those weren't single release games... Apparently your memory has failed you.

R/B/Y
G/S/C
R/S/E
D/P/Pt

I still can't tell if you are serious.

R/B - Released Together
Yellow - Released Alone
G/S - Released Together
Crystal - Released Alone
R/S - Released Together
Emerald - Released Alone
D/P - Released Together
Platinum - Released Alone
B/W - Released Together
B2/W2 -Released Together

^^^^Okay now, pay attention here. This is where GameFreak decides to switch it up and instead of doing a SINGLE release (AKA Pokemon Grey or Chrome) they go for...TWO! We will not be getting a Pokemon "z". We will be getting Pokemon X2/Y2. Never again will we get a SINGLE game as the improved version.

No one else seems to have a problem with this concept. I'd be glad to get the release dates for you if that helps.
#26VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:04:39 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
RaytheRuler posted...
3. Events of Black/White

I don't understand this at all. GSC had a time machine to trade... What makes you think they can't do that again? Inter-dimensional Time Machine.

Personally I think they would just make "sequels", but this whole "The timeline would be broken!z!!" thing never made sense to me when they've already dealt with that issue successfully in the past.

They dealt with it by remaking the game to fit the storyline but if they are to remake this game's, it would make zero since this game HAS to take place AFTER B/W(2) which takes place an unknown amount of years after every previous main series games.
---
#27OldDirtyCRPosted 1/22/2013 10:17:29 PM(edited)
VoidBeyond posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
RaytheRuler posted...
3. Events of Black/White

They dealt with it by remaking the game to fit the storyline but if they are to remake this game's, it would make zero since this game HAS to take place AFTER B/W(2) which takes place an unknown amount of years after every previous main series games.

I think you are thinking way too close minded about it.

X/Y - Set after B2/W2
R/S Remake - Set in the same time period as original. Retconned to include some new pokemon (like FR/LG did). Connect to X/Y with Interdimensional Time Machine (Like G/S did with R/B). Thus trading works fine.

There's no issue. The game only has to be compatible with X/Y and that's easily solvable.

Once again, I personally feel they will make a new storyline in the R/S region. But I don't think there are any story/timeline reasons that they couldn't do a remake.
#28VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:22:10 PM
G/S technically didn't happen due to the release of HG/SS. Time travel has too many problems going for it, too many things to consider. FR/LG are the true stories and R/B/G/Y are in the same boat as G/S/C.

I personally wouldn't want it. Too many problems and retconning things would make a lot of people upset, I would deal with it if they did but wouldn't like it so I'd much rather they make sequels so it can fit canon and such.
---
#29nro87Posted 1/22/2013 10:37:23 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
superwailord posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
superwailord posted...

When did they only do one version? Did i miss a Gen 0.5 or something?

Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum... Apparently your memory has failed you o_o

Those will never happen again. It'll be X2/Y2 just like it was B2/W2.

Except those weren't single release games... Apparently your memory has failed you.

R/B/Y
G/S/C
R/S/E
D/P/Pt

I still can't tell if you are serious.

R/B - Released Together
Yellow - Released Alone
G/S - Released Together
Crystal - Released Alone
R/S - Released Together
Emerald - Released Alone
D/P - Released Together
Platinum - Released Alone
B/W - Released Together
B2/W2 -Released Together

^^^^Okay now, pay attention here. This is where GameFreak decides to switch it up and instead of doing a SINGLE release (AKA Pokemon Grey or Chrome) they go for...TWO! We will not be getting a Pokemon "z". We will be getting Pokemon X2/Y2. Never again will we get a SINGLE game as the improved version.

No one else seems to have a problem with this concept. I'd be glad to get the release dates for you if that helps.

Quit spouting your completely baseless assumptions as fact. There is clearly no pattern anymore. Therefore, nobody should attempt to predict what will happen after X/Y. There could be sequels, there could be Z, there could be Hoenn remakes or sequels. There is absolutely no way to tell, so quit acting like your baseless opinion is the way GameFreak will decide to do business.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
#30MagikarpRulesPosted 1/22/2013 10:42:11 PM
I miss Hoenn, so I approve of a sequel to R/S/E. Notice how the timeline may approach comic book levels of absurdity if they just remake the games instead of going for sequels.